PvP/RP videos - shard advertising

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Iktomi

Re: PvP/RP videos - shard advertising

Post by Iktomi »

Johnny Walac wrote:Kat, feel free to make your own thread regarding the current RP/PVP/PVE balance state of Pangaea. I'm sure those who care will discuss with you there.
Topic clean plz inc.
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Kat Asherstone wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:Kat, feel free to make your own thread regarding the current RP/PVP/PVE balance state of Pangaea. I'm sure those who care will discuss with you there.
Topic clean plz inc.
Lulz, Walac without wanting to admit it just put himself in the "we don't care about the balance"

well done, well done

I can't even smile as hard as is required for the irony of that post
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Kat Asherstone wrote:
Cirius Do'Brim wrote:Like it or not, PvP gets people online.
Like it or not, all the biggest UO shards are PvP shards.

So yes, I would say PvP is a much better player magnet than RP or PvM.
Then perhaps we should become a PvP based server instead of trying to present ourselves as being RP based...
It wouldn't be very hard to just change the website to reflect a change like that would it?
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Kat Asherstone wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:Yes. We know you are a troll. Now go make your thread.
No ones trolling Walac, just pointing out that CLEARLY and by your own admission... you don't give a shit about RP.. if anyones trolling it's the guy trying to change an RP server into a PvP server and not even willing to admit it, grow a pair and just for once say
"Yes I would prefer if we were a PvP server" instead of trying to act like that's not the case.
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Johnny Walac wrote:
Kat Asherstone wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:Yes. We know you are a troll. Now go make your thread.
No ones trolling Walac, just pointing out that CLEARLY and by your own admission... you don't give a shit about RP.. if anyones trolling it's the guy trying to change an RP server into a PvP server and not even willing to admit it, grow a pair and just for once say
"Yes I would prefer if we were a PvP server" instead of trying to act like that's not the case.
If I wanted to play on a PvP server I would. But I don't. I RP too much. The russkies don't understand me.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

I guess people focus on PvP videos because they are interesting to watch, even for a veteran like me. There's action, it's always more or les different and people can "cheer" for their friends.

A random PvM video on the other hand, unless there really is something special about it, is boring at least to me and I guess to many players like me who have nothing "new" about killing those mobs. When I watched that Wanderer of the Void video I knew exactly what was going to happen. I understand they might be interesting for newbies which is why we should have a few videos like that as well, but one can't blame people for making a lot of PvP videos. Once you've seen one wanderer of the void going down, you've seen them all.

Quests are different and maybe champions mobs would be different but they are yet to be implemented.
dwight

Post by dwight »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote: Like it or not, PvP gets people online.
Like it or not, all the biggest UO shards are PvP shards.

So yes, I would say PvP is a much better player magnet than RP or PvM.
I just want to say that this is only half true. Half true because the PvP shards are very sucessfull, but i've witnessed a greater player base and online players at the same time on the another shard (that one that buys everytime the banner on voting site), greater then pk servers. It's a strict PvM shard (allows PvP in one room only) and everythin is developed so the players continue to have PvM entertainment and improving.

If you guys are talking about no RP before attacks, safe areas (hunting areas) should also be worked out, for the pvmers.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Darian Darkmind wrote:I guess people focus on PvP videos because they are interesting to watch, even for a veteran like me. There's action, it's always more or les different and people can "cheer" for their friends.

A random PvM video on the other hand, unless there really is something special about it, is boring at least to me and I guess to many players like me who have nothing "new" about killing those mobs. When I watched that Wanderer of the Void video I knew exactly what was going to happen. I understand they might be interesting for newbies which is why we should have a few videos like that as well, but one can't blame people for making a lot of PvP videos. Once you've seen one wanderer of the void going down, you've seen them all.

Quests are different and maybe champions mobs would be different but they are yet to be implemented.
This, the video where we kill the void will never be as intresting as a short pvp clip of whatever. Mobs AI just gets figured out and it's just a matter of rinse and repeat. Just look at everyother game out there and it's the exact samething.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

I think RP+PVP+PVM is something that makes Pangaea special. You really don't have similar shards out there.

You have HC PVP shards, followed by PVM shards. That's basically TOP10 in a nutshell.

RP isn't attractive and there's nothing new in that.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Quintoz wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:I guess people focus on PvP videos because they are interesting to watch, even for a veteran like me. There's action, it's always more or les different and people can "cheer" for their friends.

This, the video where we kill the void will never be as intresting as a short pvp clip of whatever. Mobs AI just gets figured out and it's just a matter of rinse and repeat. Just look at everyother game out there and it's the exact samething.
New players of EVERY game will ALWAYS look for videos of what to expect in the game, we are doing a disservice to any new player that wants to learn more about how we do things here by only showing them a part of the game.

website says we're balanced, the videos posted show them that PvP is what matters... that's not balance.