The ridiculous state of PvP

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Demian

Re: The ridiculous state of PvP

Post by Demian »

Ivan wrote: About these two i can say, you should harshly punish the people who are whining about the rules for no good reason. If they've not read the rules clearly enough give them 1-2 day jail to have some time to read the rules properly. If the guy is correct, then there is nothing to it. Ofcourse it'd mean to GM's knowing the rules exactly and to be able to make quick decissions depending on the proof they've been given. If there is no proof there is no case its simple as that (EDIT: As in nothing has happened unless there is a proof about it.)
This works too. And there is already a rule in place about this too which the staff just always seems to ignore even though I have personally reminded them of it. Would stop a lot of the unnecessary whining towards staff if the rule was used.

"Falsly accusing other player
Trying to get a player marked by falsly accusing him for none roleplay kill, will result in a mark to the one who accused."
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Basil Brotheamus wrote:Prohibit PVP from those who cause problems. If it's only few players causing the shitstorm, don't allow them to participate in PVP for another week. No need to make them to affect the whole shard with their personal behaviour.

Amen to that.

Altough, if they go "over the line" - i.e, causing too much trouble for the shard's overall activity, they should obtain permament ban.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

I don't see a problem with the players or the playerbase, and all the options listed in the OP are ridiculous.

Firstly, I'm not trying to pull out any egoistic shit here and I'm talking purely out of character. If you guys read this post as negative feedback or flaming the staff, that's not my purpose. Purely talking from experience and heart. Instead of blaming the playerbase, take a look in the mirror. You guys need strong leadership, someone with a final word. It doesn't matter if that leader judges right or wrong, as long as there's that one guy with authority. Instead of yapping about this and that, my sum up is: get your shit together.

If you can't get your shit together, I know a guy from Sweden that can help you guys out.
Last edited by Cirius Do'Brim on Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:I don't see a problem with the players or the playerbase, and all the options listed in the OP are ridiculous.

Firstly, I'm not trying to pull out any egoistic shit here and I'm talking purely out of character. If you guys read this post as negative feedback or flaming the staff, that's not my purpose. Purely talking from experience and heart. Instead of blaming the playerbase, take a look in the mirror. You guys need strong leadership, someone with a final word. It doesn't matter if that leader judges right or wrong, as long as there's that one guy, with authority. Instead of yapping about this and that, my sum up is: get your shit together.

If you can't get your shit together, I know a guy from Sweden that can help you guys out.
Amen.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Bullshit Boris. Different managerial styles. A system that allows people to grief and let it decay to the current state of affairs is flawed.
Your system depends on you spending hours each day sorting shit out, getting used to ignore claims of bias etc.
1. That's a shitty job to have
2. It leaves room for wrong rulings and bias
3. Takes an entire staffmember just for sorting crap out which should be organized in a no-brainer, structured system that leaves no room for interpretation.
And as you yourself pointed out it leaves the rest of the staff out of the loop, unaccustomed to handling the cases when the appointed staff member isn't around.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Don't know how much time Boris used to spend on these complaints and such, but I have to say that when he said the word it was final. Thus the issue ended right there. Right now it feels the staff can't make decisions and some even admit to not knowing the rules. And I'm not trying to be an asshole. We have good staff members still but someone like Boris is needed.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Ares wrote:1. That's a shitty job to have
Correct, but someone has to do it.

Ares wrote:2. It leaves room for wrong rulings and bias
Yes and no. The rules are listed on the website, they're the law and followed literally.
Ares wrote:3. Takes an entire staffmember just for sorting crap out which should be organized in a no-brainer, structured system that leaves no room for interpretation.
A combination of 1) and 2).
Ares

Post by Ares »

Demian wrote:Don't know how much time Boris used to spend on these complaints and such, but I have to say that when he said the word it was final. Thus the issue ended right there. Right now it feels the staff can't make decisions and some even admit to not knowing the rules. And I'm not trying to be an asshole. We have good staff members still but someone like Boris is needed.
The decisions are final. We've just had to take some time to mull it over as we openly admitted being unaccustomed to the situation.

You guys are annoyed because we're putting effort into making the right decision? :shock:
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

Ares wrote: 3. Takes an entire staffmember just for sorting crap out which should be organized in a no-brainer, structured system that leaves no room for interpretation.
pretty much impossible, those who will want that, will allways find a loophole in rules or system...

good example is religion alliances, they were broken up, even with pool if i remember right, what do we do to avoid getting hit by by veritas or such, we make a guild and ally both religions.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

The rules clearly say what has to happen in the event pvp occurs. They pretty much have everything in them as they have been adjusted and added to throughout the years. Each gm has had to deal with them and imo it should be whichever gm gets it first to decide. Just need to be stern with your decisions and not worried bout which of us you piss off aslong as the rules are followed. You all are a great staff and have been doing amazing things. It is hard to deal with these issues when short handed if you are tired of it you could also make a committee out of couns to help reach a verdict on these hard cases.