New topic discussion

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Iktomi

Re: New topic discussion

Post by Iktomi »

Cruxis Bane wrote:I also had another question may have been answered but since none of my houses are in town zone and one of them is far out in middle of no where am I expected to pay taxes and get nothing in return? I feel like having a robber/murderer who takes a tent way out in the middle of no where would never pay taxes or anything like that.

Roads aren't free bro, nor are bridges, keepin' those pesky monsters and bandits off the roads, etc. etc.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

I hope there will be the option to not pay taxes, however you will basicly become red, guards attack you and most of the bonuses of being blue is gone to you, however players don't get a free reason to attack you. Revolution against the overlords! WOHO!

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Quintoz wrote:I hope there will be the option to not pay taxes, however you will basicly become red, guards attack you and most of the bonuses of being blue is gone to you, however players don't get a free reason to attack you. Revolution against the overlords! WOHO!
Yup, eviction. Suppose we could create a guard-spawn outside your house if you prefer... although can't guarantee that they wouldn't find a way in through the windows.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

What I am saying is I have a tent that is not near a road nor any town or anything, it gets no protection from the guards and is in the middle of the woods. Why in the world would I have to pay taxes on it and who would I be paying to? There is no town my red can reside in nor any benefit to me to pay just seems pointless to make people pay taxes when I don't even know who my tents taxes are going to? Well being outside of guard zone and what not runs its risk so the desire also comes with robbers and lack of safety around these places. Plus what red/robber would actually pay taxes and not just kill everyone that came to try to kick them out? My moonglow house I guess I kind of understand since its atleast close to a town even though I get no benefits from the town since im out of protection, however the one on mainland is no where near any civilization. Understand being worried about them being more desirable however since there are few that are not near towns and with this system you all are implementing if its as cool as everyone imagines it being that should be drive enough to bring the people who want to take part into a town zone house and not want to be out of town benefits. And if you want to go further what about marble isle or balu isle they definitely don't get any benefit from the mayor system or having to pay taxes?
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Iktomi wrote:
Quintoz wrote:I hope there will be the option to not pay taxes, however you will basicly become red, guards attack you and most of the bonuses of being blue is gone to you, however players don't get a free reason to attack you. Revolution against the overlords! WOHO!
Yup, eviction. Suppose we could create a guard-spawn outside your house if you prefer... although can't guarantee that they wouldn't find a way in through the windows.
Imagination you lack, young padawan.

Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Just accept the system as is fellas, only getting troll answers anyway.
632-140-419
Ares

Post by Ares »

Vaux27 wrote:Just accept the system as is fellas, only getting troll answers anyway.
Stop being such a whiner Vaux. Wft is it with you? We're discussing the issues with you guys, and are even going beyond that. Calling us trolls, is just a you being a jerk.

This was decided earlier:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12531&p=114213#p114213
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Cruxis Bane wrote:What I am saying is I have a tent that is not near a road nor any town or anything, it gets no protection from the guards and is in the middle of the woods. Why in the world would I have to pay taxes on it and who would I be paying to? There is no town my red can reside in nor any benefit to me to pay just seems pointless to make people pay taxes when I don't even know who my tents taxes are going to? Well being outside of guard zone and what not runs its risk so the desire also comes with robbers and lack of safety around these places. Plus what red/robber would actually pay taxes and not just kill everyone that came to try to kick them out? My moonglow house I guess I kind of understand since its atleast close to a town even though I get no benefits from the town since im out of protection, however the one on mainland is no where near any civilization. Understand being worried about them being more desirable however since there are few that are not near towns and with this system you all are implementing if its as cool as everyone imagines it being that should be drive enough to bring the people who want to take part into a town zone house and not want to be out of town benefits. And if you want to go further what about marble isle or balu isle they definitely don't get any benefit from the mayor system or having to pay taxes?
We're currently discussing exactly how to go ahead with this. Some places may have maintenance fees, some places not, we don't have the exact details yet.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Ares wrote:
Vaux27 wrote:Just accept the system as is fellas, only getting troll answers anyway.
Stop being such a whiner Vaux. Wft is it with you? We're discussing the issues with you guys, and are even going beyond that. Calling us trolls, is just a you being a jerk.

This was decided earlier:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12531&p=114213#p114213
I think what he's trying to say is that putting Iktomi in charge of replying to stuff is never a good idea.

ALSO, if I can't start a revolution against the overlords because the mayor of my city sucks then the system fails already, sorry to break it to you.

Aerius

Post by Aerius »

Hasn't even been implemented yet and there are a ton of nay sayers here. I'm eager to see all the things come with a mayor system, even the aspects that may negatively impact me such as taxes. However, the loss of gold from taxes may benefit me in other ways such as improved guards, merchants maybe lowering their prices a % depending on the amount of citizen's paying tax. I think so much can be done with this system...

I will point out that we'll obviously have HORRIBLE mayors, but I'm also curious to see how it plays out for them if they suck and piss off their citizens. ;)