a question about icq?

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

dugaron

a question about icq?

Post by dugaron »

ok peeps, I have a concern about icq. Every time i send a text to a contact i get spamed the same message that says it is from whom i had just text.
it says:
As a security precaution, please click the link to verify your ICQ account validate.icq/icq/validate.html?uid=&sid=&lang=en

And when i loaded the program it sent me a e-mail with a link to verify it. which i have already done. anyone have this happen to them?
or did i load a bad version of it?
any one who can give any info on it i thank you in advance
Cyrus Tegyr

Re: a question about icq?

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I've seen that once before when I was running ICQ 7, I also ran into an issue where again with ICQ 7 I would send a message and no matter what time of the day it was, it would say it was sent at some odd hour of the day like 4:00 in the monring, it was always the exact same time also would do this when I received messages, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling ICQ 7 but it would always revert back to this wacky time thing.

Finally I updated to ICQ 8 which honestly I hate cause I cant send or receive files to/from people, it's maddening cause I usually am doing some sort of macro writing for someone.

I would say, if you are running an older version of icq than ICQ 8 than try upgrading to that to see if it fixes it. Unfortunately, ICQ 8 looks horrible in it's interface but it seems to have fixed my message sending/receiving issues. Make sure if ou are going to upgrade to uninstall your older version before hand however.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
dugaron

Post by dugaron »

thanks callum,although i jus down loaded it two weeks ago at the latest it is the newest versoin id assume.but im taking ur avdice and delete and reload.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

I strongly suggest to use Pidgin for ICQ.
The genuine ICQ program is way too heavy, bloated and full of ads and annoying things.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I strongly suggest Miranda for ICQ.
The genuine ICQ program is way too heavy, bloated and full of ads and annoying things.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Boris wrote:I strongly suggest Miranda for ICQ.

- Boris
Pfft.
Miranda's website already looks like a dating site + ICQ combined with all those flashy *cool* ads. Ugly.