Ores

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Alteran

Ores

Post by Alteran »

I am at the moment looking at the ores spawning scribt and i am making more ores and new spawns places.
I will post when i am done but for now there are new spawning places allready.

Alteran
volc

Re: Ores

Post by volc »

While you're at it, can you check to see why some clients cannot see certain veins?
"Hey developer, this is Rock. Nerf Paper. Scissors is fine."
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

How do you mean cant see some vains ?.

Is the ores black or ?.

Because it should not be the clint that has that problem , if you have that problem i would follow the faq how to install the game then it should work.

Alteran
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

No, he is right. Some certain clients cant assay certain veins. They find no veins instead of actually finding onyx and startear or w/e vein it may be. Nothing to do with the color.
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

Any know what clints that does that ?.

Alteran
volc

Post by volc »

The difference comes when patched from 5.9.x to 6.0

Here is the situation as far as i know. 5.x clients can see all veins, however, there are some they cannot reach to mine. I don't know what reaching means, that's what i was told. 6.0 clients on the other hand can't properly assay some veins, they either get "you find 4 regulars" or "you find a dullcopper/iron/etc. vein".

I'm currently at 6.0.x. Let me know if you need help with testing. I can also provide you with uomap files which show my assay results of some entire caves.
"Hey developer, this is Rock. Nerf Paper. Scissors is fine."
Troy

Post by Troy »

It is a pointless thing to increase the ores, last time we reset them we decreased them to a more managable amount because with too many the economy will get messed up.
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

My question is are all the ores on the map ?, why are some clints not working with some ores/vains is that because they are made way back or is it the new vain or is it all of them.

Alteran