Retiring in 2013'ish

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Boris
Admin

Retiring in 2013'ish

Post by Boris »

I'm posting my retirement in advance, so it doesn't come out as a big shocker.

I simply don't share the same vision of Pangaea as the rest of the staff - so it's time for me to pack my bags and move on. I'm not quitting by snapping fingers, because that's the coward's way out (coughmonadargonwillecough). I have a lot of heart and passion towards Pangaea - and that's why I'm sticking around until we finish all the big projects planned for this year (incl. player vendors, mayor system, updated siege system, new system for Nature/Tek and others). After we're finished, I'm finished. I'm guessing everything will be done in 1-2 months... or at least by the end of this year. I'll say my goodbyes in another thread when it's time.

Ps. After I'm gone, the staff will need a (super) active replacement. If you're interested in GM'ing: click!

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Johnny Walac

Re: Retiring in 2013'ish

Post by Johnny Walac »

-Reserved until epic montage is made-

Meanwhile...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlKaVFqxERk
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i will ask you to reconsider your position :S
if you go, it's a huge blow to the staff.
so what if you and the rest of the staff don't share the same vision?it's like you share 80% but not 20%, it's still pangaea, the core is the same. unless the rest of the staff is planning on some huge differences and in that case, it wouldn't be pangaea anymore and they'd have so much work they'd need more scripters and more gm's for that to even be a possibility.
a new gm isn't the same, and i don't know who can be around all the time as much as you are, even though i'm sure the rest of the staff wants to help pangaea. but still, we need a "leader"
or atleast you could stick by as a player and go back gm'ing if the shit hits the fan :P
either way, thanks for the work
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

A leader is needed and a leader is someone, who takes full responsibility from all the upcoming updates. What the future holds is something I'm not comfortable with and that's a problem. If the leader doesn't give support, promote, endorse or take responsibility -> you have the wrong guy leading the shard. I'm purely talking from my personal view and I can be horribly wrong. The future can be fantastic and better than ever - and I'm only blocking development / progress. We'll find out the answer to that when a new Era begins.

TL;DR: It's not you, it's me.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
dwight

Post by dwight »

u suck boris, you going to abandon us? whats wrong in beeing an oppressive tyrant conservative :D? please stay we need u holding the horses
Percy

Post by Percy »

He's not leaving, nobody leaves, he's coming back as a player and keeping it on the down low. Going to absolutely pwn us with all the secrets he now knows.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

Oh this news makes me frown. Hopefully you will be around as a player (and we may finally know who you used to be!)
Baoler

Post by Baoler »

Thank you for your time Boris. I remember when you took over, I always wished the best for you and the best for Pangaea.
Baler from JE
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

All i can say is that thanks for all the work and good luck in future, hopefully there is someone in the current gm's that is fit for admin spot.

PS: If you return as player, you know wayfarers will help to get started.
Xerxes

Post by Xerxes »

A pity to read. But very understandable.
Glad to see you are going to be a player, i'd be more then happy to harras you with dennac' might!
Bird location: 312331437