The Planting "bug"

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Ares

Re: The Planting "bug"

Post by Ares »

What Basil said. It's for your own good kids. We do this because we love you, and it hurts us more than it hurts you.

Look at it this way, you've enjoyed the benefit of the bug for 8'ish years. That's a pretty good run.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

First of all, Biggs your opinion is biased. You whined forever about no NPC selling as an alchy when you could make millions selling to players. You get over that first.

Quite frankly this wasn't a problem until everyone figured it out, and I'll never consider it a bug. Sometimes the only way to explain a "player getting around something", it's abuse or a bug. And jail time? Please..that's absurd given every person on the staff saw it in Ocllo for years, and then in Skara Brae for 2 years.

I appreciate the explanations from staff, and as always I respect what each of you do here, but there will need to be discussions on replacing the numbers. Serious question, is the staff listening to me on the time it took? Do ANY of you know the TIME it took to turn this into gold? Considering how much time it took to harvest, convert and turn into gold, I'm actually the idiot for doing it anyway.

I have ALL the numbers on deciding if plants growth/production should be compensated. I liked the watering idea and that would be more work on top of it all.
632-140-419
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Also the environment could have a bigger play, for good and bad. If it's raining, hooray! If it's snowing, boo!
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Vaux27 wrote:Quite frankly this wasn't a problem until everyone figured it out, and I'll never consider it a bug.
Quite honestly, if you have to do some reallllllly weird thing to plant them like this, it's pretty obviously not intended that way.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

"Because everyone" doesn't make wrong right either.

Lets just accept the change, move on and upgrade the system further at Ideas section.
Neon

Post by Neon »

I know very well how fields work.

I have harvested a lot, when I was playing.

- Neon
Elsabet

Post by Elsabet »

Neon wrote: But latter I had some old players coming back to play, and they asked me about why some of the fields own by players were fully grown.

Then, I realized that something was wrong.

Then I decided to block this in the script for a start. And let it normalize by time.

If this were in the old days.
The owners of those fields was getting there field destroyed.
Mark on there account, and some days jail time.

But this is not the old days, and I really don't know how long this has been like this.
So maybe I'm getting soft, and said to my self, I don't want to use much time on this.
Fix it, and then let's move on.

- Neon
So this change happened because some old players complained? Wow... :? :shock: :(
Ok so am I understanding that the fields are not going to be messed up now or something worse happening?
Elsabet

Post by Elsabet »

Ares wrote:What Basil said. It's for your own good kids. We do this because we love you, and it hurts us more than it hurts you.

Look at it this way, you've enjoyed the benefit of the bug for 8'ish years. That's a pretty good run.
Hey for me it was less than a month of enjoying full fields and I paid over 9 million for my fields. I spent 6 months scrounging up fertile dirts, farming. Every time you went through the players online I am sure you must have seen me out there farming. I couldnt get enough fertile dirts farming...you guys said "too bad, so sad" pretty much. I hired a mage-friend for 100k a day to bring me fertile dirts for two months...then the cost of the fields. Figuring out how to plant. Planting it wasn't easy either. Had to log in four times a day around the clock every 7 hours...and keep track of it. Finally it gets done. Some old player complains about it and then this change happens....You guys ever listen to a newer player?

How would you feel? Especially if other players got to do it for over 8 years and you thought it was perfectly legal and legitimate? Some of us...lets just say it. Haven haven't had a "good run" here on Pangaea.
Ares

Post by Ares »

It's not going to change. Deal with it.