The ridiculous state of PvP

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Kat Asherstone

Re: The ridiculous state of PvP

Post by Kat Asherstone »

I didn't even realize marks on accounts were gone... that should be brought back immediately
Shitty Roleplay, marked account
Shitty PvP attack Marked account
Accused someone wrongly, marked account
You get a mark and you get a mark, EVERYONE GETS A MARK!

But seriously... that stuff used to get most players in line pretty quick
and the ones that didn't get in line... eventually were getting weeks or a month ban and some just never came back and I doubt anyone even remembers any of those guys... because they were cancer on the server

I know we ALL want to get more players... but quality over quantity is usually a good way of going about it... I mean the PvPers can't say no to getting more GOOD PvP players, but I think or at least hope they would want a good fight... not a blowout, I mean maybe some do want to just bootstomp people but that's not "fun" there has to be a challenge, we ALL want GOOD players more than we want just players.
Masano

Post by Masano »

Dillon wrote:

All of you are missing the big point here. Imo what should be done is a system, a concept that keep pvp on the leash with stricted rules, something to solve the cronical problems.

http://pangaea-world.dk/pangaea/rules/p ... player-pvp
No matter how many times you change the rules or the wording of the rules there will always be grey areas. The rules have been evolving constantly for several years already, they are never going to be perfect. Its easier and fairer to simply punish the players that staff deem to be using those grey areas specifically to grief others.

Im not as active recently so I dont know whats caused the staff to confront this now or which side is guilty but historically its usually experienced players involved hence why I would have little sympathy for jail time ect.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Ares wrote:I'd rather tighten up the rules and the pvp framework and not make you guys so self-governing anymore. Like "loot anyone at any time for any reason" - and then trust the players to not think of bullshit reasons to use loopholes etc to do what they want.
This is what I was going to suggest, albeit from a different angle. Script a system that provides guidance based on design and not personal opinion. I've made topics numerous times about increasing the options for diplomacy, and giving the players more power to self-govern themselves. The reasons for one guild wanting to attack another guild can be handled IG or not, in the end, you can't control that into a quantifiable monitor-able effort that determines whether Person A declares war against Person B for personal reasons. It doesn't matter in the end, that is part of the game we play.

PvP atm is fine IMO. The best way to handle these situations is to let them play themselves out and build in mechanisms for the players to handle these issues on their own.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Tyrion wrote:The best way to handle these situations is to let them play themselves out and build in mechanisms for the players to handle these issues on their own.
Can't believe I am going to say this... I agree with Tyrion :evil:
Giving us mechanics to disable a person for X days like Banishment would be legit...Like a player run jail system
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Kat Asherstone wrote:
Tyrion wrote:The best way to handle these situations is to let them play themselves out and build in mechanisms for the players to handle these issues on their own.
Can't believe I am going to say this... I agree with Tyrion :evil:
Giving us mechanics to disable a person for X days like Banishment would be legit...Like a player run jail system
You call people shit roleplayers and pvpmongers but then you want to give THEM a player ran jail system?
I whine, therefore I am
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

After that the famous "15-20 guaranteed players" will join, fosho.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:After that the famous "15-20 guaranteed players" will join, fosho.
That was a quid pro quo which got NO response other than trololo from the swedes, so don't think for a second I would bother to do anything to bring in more fodder for the, as the topic states, Ridiculous state of PvP... people had their chance to get my assistance on that front.

And yes Talerco, because most of those people would probably be the first to get jailed by other players for being meta-gaming shitbags.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Kat Asherstone wrote: because most of those people would probably be the first to get jailed by other players for being meta-gaming shitbags.
I am pretty sure that people like yourself (Enemy of the society) would be jailed and the rest kept doing what they enjoy, PvP.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Ares

Post by Ares »

And we're again off topic. Last warning everyone.
Kat Asherstone

Post by Kat Asherstone »

Johnny Walac wrote:
Kat Asherstone wrote: because most of those people would probably be the first to get jailed by other players for being meta-gaming shitbags.
I am pretty sure that people like yourself (Enemy of the society) would be jailed and the rest kept doing what they enjoy, PvP.
Yeah I'm the enemy of society... but by your own admission right now... you've just stated what I've been saying for WEEKS

The server WANTS to be a Russian PK server... so just be one already damn.