Giant bone tunic better then elite auropean chain tunic ?

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Chivay

Re: Giant bone tunic better then elite auropean chain tunic

Post by Chivay »

Neal wrote:How can it be better??

5 giant bone armor parts with giant cloud gorget = 42 armor and 30 resist all

4 auro parts with cloud giant sleeves and gorget = 39 armor and 30 resist all

anything else to say?
With chains, getting hit in the neck uses the chaincoif's ar to calculate the damage. Same with sleeves - getting hit there uses the chest's ar to calculate the damage. With bones, the damages are taken from gorget/bone arms, which are a lot worse.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

If you guys believe that bone beats chain, start using an auro ringmail tunic. Then you'll have a 5 part set as well.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:If you guys believe that bone beats chain, start using an auro ringmail tunic. Then you'll have a 5 part set as well.
Still an invalid argument. Giant bones simply give more AR than auro chains, so ofcourse with ringmail chest it would be even lower. What else should we be looking at? I doubt auro coif is better than giant bone helmet + cloud giant studded gorget. And everyone knows giant bone chest is better than auro chain tunic.

Edit: I'm aware that some chain parts cover more parts than bone pieces do, but they still are worse than the bones in this case (auro vs. giant bone). Even giant bone chest alone is more AR than auro chain tunic. Add those bone arms and you have clearly more AR and you have the same slots covered.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

When we talk of it, AR is still having a meaning in Pang. As sad as it looks, it does really impact the market of smithed/tailored goods big time.

I just wish the physical hits were rendered close to nothing and elements were increased twice...

But i'll just keep having my wet dreams.
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

Demian wrote:I doubt auro coif is better than giant bone helmet + cloud giant studded gorget. And everyone knows giant bone chest is better than auro chain tunic.
I still don't know what you're on about. You can wear cloud gorget below the auro coif as well.

Chain set and bone set, completed with gorget and shoes, have the exact amount of pieces (7). Plate and archer set have 1 more slot (8). The actual issue here is whether an auropian chain set should have more or less AR than a giant bone set, not all metals nor all bones. Protection wise, bone set can only be compared to a chain set.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Arden Darkfall wrote:
Demian wrote:I doubt auro coif is better than giant bone helmet + cloud giant studded gorget. And everyone knows giant bone chest is better than auro chain tunic.
I still don't know what you're on about. You can wear cloud gorget below the auro coif as well.

Chain set and bone set, completed with gorget and shoes, have the exact amount of pieces (7). Plate and archer set have 1 more slot (8). The actual issue here is whether an auropian chain set should have more or less AR than a giant bone set, not all metals nor all bones. Protection wise, bone set can only be compared to a chain set.
That's exactly what I'm on about? Auro chainmail set has clearly less AR than Giant bone set with the same amount of parts and thus resistances. Which obviously is not how it should be. Even Auropian archer set has less AR than Giant bone set.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

You still can't compare chain tunics and bone tunics. Chain tunic covers 2 parts, bone tunic covers 1 part. If being hit, the damage is calculated differently. Thus the answer to "is bone tunic better than elite auropean chain tunic?" is simply no. The number in your status bar is just to give some direction. For more information: http://www.pangaea-world.dk/forum/viewt ... =15&t=9047
Masano

Post by Masano »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:You still can't compare chain tunics and bone tunics. Chain tunic covers 2 parts, bone tunic covers 1 part. If being hit, the damage is calculated differently. Thus the answer to "is bone tunic better than elite auropean chain tunic?" is simply no. The number in your status bar is just to give some direction. For more information: http://www.pangaea-world.dk/forum/viewt ... =15&t=9047
Is it completely random which slot is hit? Or is the tunic the most likely slot to be hit? Because if it is then it could still be worth using a bone tunic rather than chain tunic if it has higher AR. (Im sure I was told once thats why tunic usually breaks first when sparring.)
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

If you're fully covered (all slots protected) a clear majority of hits comes to the tunic. But once again, if you're hit to the tunic, you're hit to the sleeves as well. Since you're hit to 2 parts, the damage calculation is different and generally smaller compared to taking full force to 1 slot (i.e. bone tunic).

Yet another point to "AR is just a number" is the whole slot issue. Lets say you're hit 100 damage to the hands (glove slot). When being hit, damage is as simple as damage - AR = damage received. Does it matter if those gloves give 1AR or 2AR? Instead of 100 damage, you receive 99 or 98 damage. I mean, really? I understand AR playing a part when we're talking of a 10+ difference compared to another item. That's also why I always tried to emphasize "effect over AR", because it's true.
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

but higher ar gets u hit less. ie. go naked sparr or go sparr in auropian plates.
291-697-526