Having trouble to start

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

MonkeyKV

Having trouble to start

Post by MonkeyKV »

Hello everyone,

Came across this server and found it really interesting. I am looking forward to play but having trouble installing the files. I downloaded Age of Shadows version and installed it, without patching. Then went to the website and downloaded the complete package installer, but i keep getting an NSIS error.

Cant seem to get the server files i downloaded to work, i even downloaded them couple times.

If anyone can write me a quick tutorial on how to connect/ which files to get i wouldd appreciatte.

Thanks in advance :)
Ert
Counselor

Re: Having trouble to start

Post by Ert »

You shouldnt need any other installer than the "Pangaea Complete Setup with UO-Auto Map" thats found in http://pangaea-world.dk/files
Install that one, and you should be able to connect with the account you make through the standard account creation.

Tell us how that works, also if you get in game you can ask questions of the Counselors through the help menu, feel free to spam them!
MonkeyKV

Post by MonkeyKV »

that is the one i downloaded and tried installing, but it does not work. Keeps giving me a NSIS error.

Tried downloading multiple times.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Try requesting the installation file from existing player, if anyone has it saved on their computer. Try using administrator mode and make sure your windows 7 or 8 has the UAC off, just incase it messes it all up.

If you get it installed check the IP that it is 93.186.196.107 in the login.cfg
MonkeyKV

Post by MonkeyKV »

I have disabled UAC as well as done with administrator rights. I think the file on the website is messed up. Anyone have it? would appreciate
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

I just zipped my game and its uploading to dropbox, will take a while since the file is 933MB afterall. I remember playing the game from USB memory stick, so it should work.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/508 ... angaea.rar

EDIT: Approx 15-20mins, and it can be found from that link
MonkeyKV

Post by MonkeyKV »

Aprecciated man thanks alot. If it's too much trouble you can use www.wetransfer.com also a good service.

But dropbox works for me and the installation should work just fine

thanks
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

File should be available now, if it works have fun IG. Hopefully you dont meet me Ivan IG, he aint too nice of a character.

Remember when creating character to choose advanced option, skill and stat options from ultima itself dont matter, you get to choose them when you are logged in. Check new players guide and other guides from wiki, if you find yourself in trouble. Or ofcourse you can contact counselor like me via ICQ, if you find yourself being in need of help.

Have fun RPing, PVMing and PVPing.

EDIT: Name matters so make it in RP ofcourse.
MonkeyKV

Post by MonkeyKV »

Downloading the file now. Should be 20min, internet not so fast here. I played UO before on different servers so i am familiarized with it. I noticed its RP heavy here, something i never done much before. Should be fun, looking forward to it if i can play lag free.

thanks for the file

EDIT: Worked flawlessly im on the character creator, cheers
Ert
Counselor

Post by Ert »

If you got more questions, just post em here or spam the couns in game :D