Oblivion: The 5th Religion

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Ondoher

Re: Oblivion: The 5th Religion

Post by Ondoher »

Demian wrote:Well I have to say that I have seen the old Tekstone members around more than I have the new ones Dargon. Atleast they have been doing what they were supposed to be doing, plaguing towns and attacking Nature temple. Even though they were kind of pussies about it and ran if Law showed up, they still did it whereas the new Tek members didn't even try. Yet the new Tek members get rewarded for that inactivity due to our staffs inability to make hard decisions. That is constructive critisism towards the staff. And besides, the shard can't handle 5 religions. There's simply no playerbase for that. + It makes no sense to just conjure up a new religion like this. That is more constructive critisism and it has all been said in this thread already. Stuff like this is what will just drag the shard down. Just one more step in the failures of our staff and even when people point that out, they keep doing as they please. And all the while the online counts are getting lower. For a reason.

Amen.
Dargon

Post by Dargon »

Demian wrote:Well I have to say that I have seen the old Tekstone members around more than I have the new ones Dargon. Atleast they have been doing what they were supposed to be doing, plaguing towns and attacking Nature temple. Even though they were kind of pussies about it and ran if Law showed up, they still did it whereas the new Tek members didn't even try. Yet the new Tek members get rewarded for that inactivity due to our staffs inability to make hard decisions. That is constructive critisism towards the staff. And besides, the shard can't handle 5 religions. There's simply no playerbase for that. + It makes no sense to just conjure up a new religion like this. That is more constructive critisism and it has all been said in this thread already. Stuff like this is what will just drag the shard down. Just one more step in the failures of our staff and even when people point that out, they keep doing as they please. And all the while the online counts are getting lower. For a reason.

I'm not telling that the shard can handle 5 religions. It was my first reaction when I heard that they created Oblivion. We were plaguing Yew, Brit, Glow and random places with Palma quite often, never saw any resistance. And you know the difference of 10-20 piety plague and 40-60. Took us 4 times more time to plague the whole areas.

And for Talerco, yes, indeed, the first month I didn't log at all since for two weeks I was at vacation and after that had hard time at school to do all the shit they did the 2 weeks I was away. When i started rolling more, saw only those new peeps at .online list, "macroing behind locked doors" like we do :)

There has been quite much work from the staff for this. I'd wait to see what comes with this, don't judge them too early yet.
Philip Azevedo:
na dude, fu*k uni... that shit wont lead you anywhere
pang on the otherhand....
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Being online and actually doing something are two different things, which I'm fairly sure neither side can truly boast about. Both side had macroers, both side had ancient characters who did nothing with the difference that one side had piety, the other did not.

Also, anyone saying here "the old Tekstone was at least doing what they were supposed to do" is just one view of the matter. We did what we were supposed to do with what we had. We never expected to start plaguing, killing and clearing towns from the day one. You simply cannot do that. We knew at worst case scenario this will take MONTHS and we were prepared for it.

And one more time, this new religion came as big of a surprise to us as it did to you. My first thought was exactly the same as everyone else here: With what playerbase? My second thought was about the RP since so far no RP has been published about this new religion. Who is their god, why it came to be? Although I instantly wrote some stuff that would justify it and make some sense to it, those are just my ideas and the staff will decide what this is about.

We didn't ask for it, we didn't know of it. In the past weekend everyone was able to finally get 30 piety and without Oblivion the true fight had begun. Had this new religion not be made yet, now with 30 piety those people had been a lot more active in taking a role. Sadly it ended before you got to see that. I know the past 45 days of inactivity makes this all look stupid and retarded, I also know me saying they had been active now are just words, but I guess time will show. We shall all see and should this new Oblivion be inactive and unable to do anything, then I guess I was mistaken and I made a terrible mistake in the first place by letting them in. However, should this new religion be more active than Tekstone now that they have 30 piety, then I did the right call.
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

^

Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Demian said it. We pumped up the real Tekstone alot since I became HP. Doing what we were suppose to do. Plauging, destruction and being "those guys". All the imposters did was hiding behind locked doors. Hardly anything that should be rewarded with a religion. And like we have said many times already. A 5th religion on Pangaea will not end good. Don't go ahead with this.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Demian

Post by Demian »

Well Darian, I don't think people are blaming the new Tekstone members for the creation of Oblivion. I was blaming the staff for it, as they should be blamed. And since you all seem to agree it's not good for the shard, let's just get rid of it and put everyone back into Tekstone so you can show us what you can finally really do. What I was blaming the new Tekstone members for though, is inactivity. Which is why I'd understand you all getting kicked instead of being given a new religion. And using piety as an excuse for not doing anything is stupid in this case. You all knew what you signed up for. If you can't handle the possibility of getting killed, don't go taking over religions. If I was a staff member I honestly would have kicked you all a long time ago. You did RP it well and all, but it just took too long for you to actually do anything. I guess I'm not alone when I say you actually have to play the game instead of just writing stories.

Jailed for a week, enjoy your week off. Blame this on yourself
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

no no no no no no no no no!
this just doesn't make any sense!
i'm not going to enter discussions about who deserved and who didn't, and who was online and who wasn't, etc.
the fact is, we don't have enough players and the whole rp for oblivion can't be good enough.
players have spent a lot of time thinking and writing stories and coming up with shit to enter TEKSTONE, not OBLIVION
i expect that, if this goes on, ppl can create new branches out of the order of law/order of imperial/order of nature?come on!

it seems that the ppl that are now in oblivion would rather still be in tekstone. why was this new religion created then, if no one wanted it? (or maybe i'm getting it wrong, and some players did want oblivion)
this is not a good solution, i'm afraid. i understand the staff wants to make sure everybody is feeling well, but...someone has to draw the short straw when shit like this happens!!
when you join pvp, someone will die and lose their items! there must be a winner and a loser.
Siren

Post by Siren »

Darian Darkmind wrote:Being online and actually doing something are two different things, which I'm fairly sure neither side can truly boast about. Both side had macroers, both side had ancient characters who did nothing with the difference that one side had piety, the other did not.
Also, anyone saying here "the old Tekstone was at least doing what they were supposed to do" is just one view of the matter. We did what we were supposed to do with what we had. We never expected to start plaguing, killing and clearing towns from the day one. You simply cannot do that. We knew at worst case scenario this will take MONTHS and we were prepared for it. We didn't ask for it, we didn't know of it. In the past weekend everyone was able to finally get 30 piety and without Oblivion the true fight had begun.

Surprising but seems even you are forgetting about a think called RP, I was a new priest freshly joined to the religion just a few days before this rebellion, however even though I only had 10-20 piety at the time I still ran around plaguing and completing tasks that I was set to prove my self. Also they had you on their side a 50 piety, as well as numbers, I understand avoiding pvp I guess but you should have still done more than plague the odd sparrow or pop out your front door to plague yew. The person who brought them into the religion only coming online to grant piety?
It just seems to me that your plan to take over the religion merely involved abusing the game mechanics set in place and you were not prepared to actually do any work for it.

It really seems that many people are forgetting the RP part of religions.

Ok I had my needed reply, back to an attempt to get this back more on topic,
Also can we clear up that there is no pvp from them as well, them stoning someone running a quest with little RP reason, technically is pvp in my opinion are Oblivion free to run around doing as they want regardless of RP and the pvp ban just because they have not received their RP "story yet"?
Last edited by Siren on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Glarundis wrote: it seems that the ppl that are now in oblivion would rather still be in tekstone.
The Oblivion imposters were about to get kicked because they didn't do anything for 2 months. But instead of kicking them they got a religion. I understand why, to make everyone happy (Removing the whole risk vs reward). But the cost was shard-balance.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Dante

Post by Dante »

Firstly guys, calm down.

Secondly, calm down.

Now, I appreciate the player-base is split between this decision, for those questioning the authority and leadership of the staff, let me clarify something to you, this new team is about a vote rather than a final say so please stop it with this Boris crap, times have changed.

The whole reason nothing RP related has been created yet is this whole situation was a mess, we had two main parties who based on either decision, one was going to end up quitting. With a dwindling player base as it is, this was not an option. I am not suggesting players who threaten to quit get their way, no one but the staff knew about this new religion.

Furthermore, this situation and solution was an ideal in comparison to the other solutions we had, and this solution was gained via a vote rather than one persons ultimate decision. Again, please be mindful of this.

I am sorry for those who feel that people have been rewarded for what they deem to be inactivity, lack of RP and creating a mess, but you must realize we as the staff also made mistakes and therefore we had to remedy the situation with the best possible solution.

I was hoping there would be excitement for the new content, or at-least an increase in the player-base to counter these new additions. I have worked my arse off to provide quests, mini quests and RP opportunities but as I said, this is a dwindling shard and unless we all work together co-cooperatively, we may as-well shut down or at-least expect an end point to come soon.

I'll say again, we needed to fix what was done and cut short any further stagnation due to GM decisions, Game mechanisms and lack of player activity.

Expect the evolution and development of Oblivion to be a continuous and exciting new part of Pangaea, either accept that or go back to macroing, we have implemented it and now we must move forward.

AND any more flaming or personal vendettas and I can guarantee I will start jailing - I don't normally. What example are we setting for the new players coming to this shard on the rare occassions?
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.

Winston Churchill

Ert wrote:After a long tiring quest, Dante retires to his land of rainbows and marshmallows.