Oblivion: The 5th Religion

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Dargon

Re: Oblivion: The 5th Religion

Post by Dargon »

Jyrgen wrote:Not sure if it has been asked yet, so - does Oblivion oppose any of the current religions? (i.e, oppose in a way that'd prevent people with religious alt joining)
Tekstone for sure, others we don't know yet. Up to GMs.
Philip Azevedo:
na dude, fu*k uni... that shit wont lead you anywhere
pang on the otherhand....
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

Well then, why did the staff make the changes in HP voting? Maybe we can all be clear on some things for once now, finally?
Palma

Post by Palma »

You'd be clearer if it was less players telling you what happened, more staff xD No one is angry Siren, I'm just stating that the facts you know, it's because someone told you them. Doesn't mean they are true or that they're in fact what happened. People tend to twist their stories to suit their needs. And after telling you that, I wouldn't also tell you a story and ask you to believe me, I'm done arguing about those things with others in here. Trying to win players over and stuff eik.

All you, or I, need to know is that, whatever decisions are made, they are made with one intention. Our good. If they're right or wrong it's up to us all to decide but given enough time. Not instant judge and not judge based on facts other players tell us. They might not be true.

About the changes in the voting Bella, I could tell you it was because teks started to join random noobs and if we started to do the same, tek would of have reached 200 new characters before a vote took place. Hence why the staff interfered. But I could be lying too xD

Some will tell you it had poor RP, others will tell you that RP wasn't posted not to loose the surprise effect, others will tell you it was all in the rules, others will say it was abusing game mechanics, etc etc. The truth is, everyone can be blamed a little. It's not entirely one side's fault. The only good fact here is that, the staff knows all that has happened and they alone are well equiped to judge and decide. Be it the right or wrong decision.

And the reason no one knows anything about our rites and so on, is because we don't want to tell. If the staff feels obligated to tell you what they'll be, I'm fine with that. If it's up to us, you'll find them out only on the battlefield :P
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

I meant for the Staff, of course.

[Added] The religions, who fights who, how they are balanced or unbalanced, do not concern me. It IS the Staff's decision. But if you do not want people to doubt, to untrust, to fear, to argue without facts, the Staff need to show consideration to players feelings. Many times taking time minding little details will make things happen a lot smoother. Palma, you are only talking with ease because you are satisfied with the information you know. You would not have been so accepting if the situation is not in your favor or if you are blocked from knowing what happens. I dont mean it personally because it is the same to everyone.
Peyotey

Post by Peyotey »

Didn't bother reading any thing at all ... Not enough players for another reli... New tome but current ones still aren't close to all 'perfection' *Shrugs* Hope it sparks rp tho.
Palma

Post by Palma »

Bella Pious wrote:I meant for the Staff, of course.

[Added] The religions, who fights who, how they are balanced or unbalanced, do not concern me. It IS the Staff's decision. But if you do not want people to doubt, to untrust, to fear, to argue without facts, the Staff need to show consideration to players feelings. Many times taking time minding little details will make things happen a lot smoother. Palma, you are only talking with ease because you are satisfied with the information you know. You would not have been so accepting if the situation is not in your favor or if you are blocked from knowing what happens. I dont mean it personally because it is the same to everyone.
The information I got right now, is pretty much the same as you do. I got no clue what our path will be, what new rites they're cooking, where/if we're getting a place, if it'll have guards, nothing. All I know different is what rites we ain't getting, and what colors we're going to keep without argue.

So I'm like you, let's wait a few weeks and see if this made more activity or not before judging this action :)
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

My whole concern is with this Oblivian religion added, is the balance issue, as has been pointed out, the other 4 tomes are still Under review? So it baffles me that we have 4 religions who want more balanced tomes with each other and now a 5th that doesn't exactly have a tome yet,not completed at least they'll obviously get the basic rites and stuff, to me it's just a spanner thrown into the works of an already overly complicated piece of machinery.

Admittedly I wasn't very impressed with how everything went down to me it just seemed to be an overnight decision but I've been told that it wasn't and has been in the works for months so whatever I can't say either way, just seemed a bit fishy to me is all that devouts to Law and Nature who seemed to show no public and I dare say private consternation as to how their religions were being run or led just decided to hop into a very different religion, but this is beyond the scope of this thread I guess and I don't want this to become anymore of an inferno then it already seems to be.
Last edited by Cyrus Tegyr on Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
tennmiller

Post by tennmiller »

Daren Priesten wrote:No flaming people, tenmiller you are wrong about everything, we were almost to the force of doing some serious damage to "loyalist" Tekstone. Piety = time, we were on the verge of getting 30 piety each with over 8 active members to, once all our members were 30 piety the % of loyalty would drop below 50% and we would have elected the new HP and excom you and any others who opposed us. The GMs saw this ahead of time and made us into a different religion, everything is being worked on now so it will not be introduced RP-wise until later.

contrary to popular belief, if you waltz into a religion with little or no roleplay, do absolutely nothing to back your cause and then never log in, you can't expect to get off without a scratch. You guys did. You guys would have gotten no further than your outpost because you failed to actually engage in something you started. you shouldn't be rewarded for doing nothing with something you started. you guys don't deserve a new religion, and the shard doesn't really need the added effort of one either. but since it's here already it's a good indicator of what it takes to get what you want.
--

Jarid Devine,
345-179-875
Palma

Post by Palma »

tennmiller wrote:
Daren Priesten wrote:No flaming people, tenmiller you are wrong about everything, we were almost to the force of doing some serious damage to "loyalist" Tekstone. Piety = time, we were on the verge of getting 30 piety each with over 8 active members to, once all our members were 30 piety the % of loyalty would drop below 50% and we would have elected the new HP and excom you and any others who opposed us. The GMs saw this ahead of time and made us into a different religion, everything is being worked on now so it will not be introduced RP-wise until later.

contrary to popular belief, if you waltz into a religion with little or no roleplay, do absolutely nothing to back your cause and then never log in, you can't expect to get off without a scratch. You guys did. You guys would have gotten no further than your outpost because you failed to actually engage in something you started. you shouldn't be rewarded for doing nothing with something you started. you guys don't deserve a new religion, and the shard doesn't really need the added effort of one either. but since it's here already it's a good indicator of what it takes to get what you want.
Yes, that was exactly our plan. 26 players drop their 50's, 60's and years in a religion with the sole purpose of going to Tekstone to do nothing without any roleplay or plan, and hide inside a house waiting for the best. Meanwhile taking the flame from everyone in the shard.
The staff sees us do nothing, and then rewardeds us with a new religion.

That's clearly the picture here and you are very well informed. I would keep telling that truth if I were you, it sounds very logical and doesn't make you just look pissed at all.

If you have questions or wish to discuss anything about the topic just place them. I don't think discussing the past of who's right or wrong wouldn't be very easy with you.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:Admittedly I wasn't very impressed with how everything went down to me it just seemed to be an overnight decision but I've been told that it wasn't and has been in the works for months so whatever I can't say either way, just seemed a bit fishy to me is all that devouts to Law and Nature who seemed to show no public and I dare say private consternation as to how their religions were being run or led just decided to hop into a very different religion
I guess this pretty much sums up all the problems. A lot of people think of it like that and that's completely understandable. It must look like that to someone who didn't know. One day they were all in Nature/Law doing what they always did with no hint given to anyone, with "no RP" then the next day they were in Tekstone devout to Dennac. It must look weird, it must look like there was no planning or RP and it was just an "overnight decision" to mess things up.

While I understand it looks like that, the fact none of you knew or had any idea what was going on only proves we did well. I was actually concerned if 26 players can keep their mouths shut. We didn't want you to know. It was supposed to hit you by a surprise so that we get a head-start and can win it. We knew the old Tekstone will react the moment they realize what's going on and we knew they will ask everyone, every Imperial etc. to create an alt to Tekstone. I knew, because I've played with you guys far too long. We knew this will happen and it DID happen. Luckily we had our head-start so we needed not worry about it. If this game was RL, it had went down exactly like it did with no hint given to anyone and with no "RP stories" to reveal our plans beforehand. Only an idiot announces his plans of war beforehand, especially if the element of surprise plays the main-role.

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to post RP stories slowly building toward it, but sadly any post hinting toward such action had caused meta-gaming to a point where this had not been possible. I mean, think of it yourself: First they all apply to Tekstone and when they are turned down, had all of them left their current religions and started posting stuff where Dennac is calling them, had it not been obvious? I don't know about you, but I as a player would have seen right through it in two seconds. I know my character would have not known about it, but I as a player had realized it and reacted to it. And this is something we all must acknowledge. The only reason it was possible was, because we spoke of it to no one we couldn't trust 100%.

All in all, it was not an over-night decision and just because -you- (and this applies to all of you, not just Cyrus) didn't know of it, does not mean it wasn't planned.

And again, I can't but emphasize the fact we knew that in worst-case-scenario this will take months. We knew if it goes down to battling them man-o-man, we need 30 piety which takes minimum of 45 days. We knew people will disagree, we knew they will call us lame and whatever for idling and staying inside locked door. I knew they will make fun of us on the RP forums. We were aware of it and we were prepared for it, because we were not in a hurry. Once more to tennmiller and the rest, this Oblivion was not our choice, we were finally at 30 piety and the "fun" was about to begin. Might be we had won, might be we had lost. That's beside the point now. I guess Oblivion has to proof themselves worthy now by being active and destroying Tekstone. Maybe then you all shut up.