Oblivion: The 5th Religion

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Vaux27

Oblivion: The 5th Religion

Post by Vaux27 »

So, no thread on this? No discussion from the staff with the players, I guess I'll be the one to start it.

First question, why? That seems to be the most important one here, just curious as to what the staff has to say, and the reasoning behind this decision.

Let's try not to flame in here, seriously.
632-140-419
Palma

Re: Oblivion: The 5th Religion

Post by Palma »

My best guess, not to be forced to pick one side or the other. Trying to make both sides happy.
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

It was a surprise to me, but is a good thing. This was a solution instead of overthrowing Tekstone and excommunicating the members or having a civil war. Now we can branch away.
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

The question is : why should you be able to branch away in the first place. You took a risk and set out to do something "great", surely it would mean some consequence?

I suppose otherwise, if I want I can also have P(ious)M(ystic)S(ociety) made a religion too?
tennmiller

Post by tennmiller »

Daren Priesten wrote:It was a surprise to me, but is a good thing. This was a solution instead of overthrowing Tekstone and excommunicating the members or having a civil war. Now we can branch away.
not that it was bound to happen or anything, considering you guys never really did anything to prove you belonged in the religion.
but i thought a very big issue was tome balancing with 4 religions?
adding a fifth seems pretty counter productive towards that cause..
and furthermore, let's the insurgents get off easier. which shouldn't be the case.
"we wanted to raise some hell, but didn't back it up. let's get our own religion going"
I don't know, but this whole new religion thing makes no sense.
means that we could usurp nature, be inactive and then get our own religion going without any sort of repercussion (since we can't pvp yet.)
I fail to recognize the logic. you guys failed a task, a valiant effort of course. but you get off scotch free and with a pretty new tome because no one in their right mind would take you into a religion after your stunt..?
pretty sketchy.
--

Jarid Devine,
345-179-875
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been any public RP post about the new religion at all.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

if the old teks got overthrown, would we have gotten a new religion too?
I whine, therefore I am
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

tennmiller wrote:I fail to recognize the logic. you guys failed a task, a valiant effort of course.
if staff wouldnt made out severals things to prevent our cause you would have different tekstone by now. so unless you have something based on facts, just shut up
291-697-526
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

aldath c'om wrote:
tennmiller wrote:I fail to recognize the logic. you guys failed a task, a valiant effort of course.
if staff wouldnt made out severals things to prevent our cause you would have different tekstone by now. so unless you have something based on facts, just shut up
Did they ban you or why didn't you bother logging in?
I whine, therefore I am
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

No flaming people, tenmiller you are wrong about everything, we were almost to the force of doing some serious damage to "loyalist" Tekstone. Piety = time, we were on the verge of getting 30 piety each with over 8 active members to, once all our members were 30 piety the % of loyalty would drop below 50% and we would have elected the new HP and excom you and any others who opposed us. The GMs saw this ahead of time and made us into a different religion, everything is being worked on now so it will not be introduced RP-wise until later.