Pangaea-inspired era for Wesnoth? I'd love one.

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Maximilian Lhoth

Pangaea-inspired era for Wesnoth? I'd love one.

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Battle of Wesnoth is a game that is easily modded. It's a turn based, free strategy game with RPG elements (the characters level up, and have functions to support each other). I'd need someone to create graphics, and someone to make things balanced. I can script the mods, but would like to see graphics and have a team to balance things out. I'd like to create a Pangaea Religion Wars Era to the game. Since we may not have Pangaea soon anymore, this'd give some of the nostalgy :(

Examples of pre-existing graphics, and what they could present:
Low piety Tek priest:
Medium piety Tek priest:
High piety Tek priest:
Law priest:
Law high priest:
A ghoul that a Tekkie turned an enemy into, making it the Tekkie's thrall:

The images are animated and the character types possess different attack types. Images can be modified to create unique images for new units; even recoloration of robes can be sufficient.

Some units poison, some turn a dead enemy into a zombie on your side if you have the "plague" ability. Some heal all adjacent units, some regenerate +4 or +8 or cure poisons from adjacents. Different units also have different resistances, so the specialty of Nature could be high resistances to attacks that are not physical, but elemental. Imperial would be quite much a copy of Law, but with curse type stuff like entangle/slow effects)

Up to 8 players can play the same game, meaning, 4 players could control 4 tekkies, another 4 could control 4 laws. If everyone wanted to control their own, that is. (I thought of starting it with Law and Tekstone, until they seem playably balanced, perhaps adding more.) A plan I've had for ages, but would like feedback. Don't want to do huge work for no one playing it.