Re: RunUO Testing Discussions - General Impressions

Post by Zendrick »

do i need to run a launcher? or can i just play through my client like POL
Enkidu Gorwraith-Voice of the People
Palma

Post by Palma »

You can play through the client

Option 1 - Use the decrypter and change your login.cfg, then use the decrypted client to play.

Option 2 - Use a launcher such as UOSteam and write the ip on the launcher.

You only need the decrypter if you do not use a launcher
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

any news on this? i at least havent been testing since new about going back to preaos as its just not worth doin stuff when we're on wrong era.
291-697-526
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

We will not be rolling back to pre-AOS, so please go ahead and continue testing. That said, we will be removing some of the factors that broke PvP (as per Quintoz's video).
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Iktomi wrote:We will not be rolling back to pre-AOS, so please go ahead and continue testing. That said, we will be removing some of the factors that broke PvP (as per Quintoz's video).
Weeeeeell, GG I guess it was too much to hope that this change might be done right.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Quintoz wrote:
Iktomi wrote:We will not be rolling back to pre-AOS, so please go ahead and continue testing. That said, we will be removing some of the factors that broke PvP (as per Quintoz's video).
Weeeeeell, GG I guess it was too much to hope that this change might be done right.
Just an update. Prior to this very Quintoz-y post from Quintoz, Palma and I had decided that we will be removing pretty much all (if not all), the non-Pang flags to start and then may introduce them slowly as we continue working on the balance of things.
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Iktomi wrote:Palma and I had decided that we will be removing pretty much all (if not all), the non-Pang flags to start and then may introduce them slowly as we continue working on the balance of things.
I'm a bit out of the loop, what you mean with non-Pang flags?
Palma

Post by Palma »

When they say rolling back to AOS, they think it's a change from False to True and that's it. IT'S PANGAEA!
But it doesn't work like that, it has a lot of impact, pretty much everything gets changed. And not to Pangaea like, just pre-aos in normal UO. So still fast cast and crappy pvp, just different resists, skill gains, special moves, stat bonuses, weapon speeds, etc etc ETC. Nothing like Pangaea still. So everyone would be lost, no guides to anything anywhere anymore, we wouldn't be able to introduce any of the new things without having to always go check if it's being blocked by pre-aos script, etc.

So basically like Iktomi said, the plan is to just alter the pvp side of things to match Pangaea's pvp. If you want my opinion, it looks really nice. I'd be really thrilled to go test it out xD If it will come out exactly like Pang, not sure, it's not very easy given that every single aspect is different. But should get us close enough with minor changes, and little time we'll get there.
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Basil Brotheamus wrote:
Iktomi wrote:Palma and I had decided that we will be removing pretty much all (if not all), the non-Pang flags to start and then may introduce them slowly as we continue working on the balance of things.
This refers to magic item flags such as "Faster casting rate" or "Drain-mana-on-hit". Some of these we'd like to re-introduce eventually, but at first we'll keep them out while we try and figure out balance, etc.
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

Iktomi wrote:
Basil Brotheamus wrote:
This refers to magic item flags such as "Faster casting rate" or "Drain-mana-on-hit". Some of these we'd like to re-introduce eventually, but at first we'll keep them out while we try and figure out balance, etc.
Sounds good to me.