RunUO Testing Discussions - General Impressions

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

aldath c'om

Re: RunUO Testing Discussions - General Impressions

Post by aldath c'om »

Iktomi wrote:
Basil Brotheamus wrote:
Iktomi wrote:Palma and I had decided that we will be removing pretty much all (if not all), the non-Pang flags to start and then may introduce them slowly as we continue working on the balance of things.
I'm a bit out of the loop, what you mean with non-Pang flags?
This refers to magic item flags such as "Faster casting rate" or "Drain-mana-on-hit". Some of these we'd like to re-introduce eventually, but at first we'll keep them out while we try and figure out balance, etc.
imo that sounds like u will make the game insanely hard. not skill gain hard as pang. but a stupid hard where u need ten minutes to kill a daemon for fookin 372gp
291-697-526
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

aldath c'om wrote: imo that sounds like u will make the game insanely hard. not skill gain hard as pang. but a stupid hard where u need ten minutes to kill a daemon for fookin 372gp
If we need to boost other things to balance out the removal of certain flags, then we'll certainly consider that. Our goal is not to make things more difficult, but merely to make them a bit simpler at first.

Also, you can't compare gold drops on PangRunUO to PangPOL, as the prices of things on PangRunUO will be reduced to match the lower gold drops.
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

so. what should i be testing? melee all time all night?
291-697-526