RunUO Testing Discussions - General Impressions

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Iktomi

RunUO Testing Discussions - General Impressions

Post by Iktomi »

Obviously RunUO and POL are going to have different "feels". Some of which will be better, some which will be worse, and some will just be different.

This thread is for discussing the more general mechanic differences (monster AI, movement speeds, equipping/de-equipping, etc.) and seeing what we may want to tweak and in what ways.

To avoid this thread getting too monstrous, I'm going to edit people's threads with my comments (so keep an eye on here)
Quintoz

Re: RunUO Testing Discussions - General Impressions

Post by Quintoz »

I think most of the changes that will be requested are quality of life things like the 2 mentioned below.

-Make potions drinkable with weapon in hand, while I understand why it's in the game and why it became a defualt thing in RunUO I think it's a long way from the Pangaea feeling.

I'd be interested in testing it out so that you need at least one hand free, giving people who just have a one-handed weapon and no shield something to benefit from. We'll see though, I can see leaving it as-is or even just having one-hand free giving an unfair advantage to people with better macroing skills

-Adding a color to succesful and unsuccesful bandages (is this possible?) and if possible make bandages unusable when you're allready bandaging.

Should be possible to make the color different, as can making bandages unusable while already bandaging.

A few questions, do the spell damage / casting increase / damage increase / luck etc stats fullfill their role? Should they?

They should work as far as I know. Everything should work according to OSI currently, so resources like http://www.uoguides.com should give you some insight.

Will the loot get a overhaul to match the POL version of Pang?
Loot will need to get reviewed, but it won't get an overall to match Pang necessary. We'll go with less gold for sure (and things costing less) and may need to tweak some mobs for difficulty, etc.

Was there something more specific?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

19/8

-I would suggest removing jewelery from the loot pool and make them craftable only like on the POL version.

Yup, this is the plan.

-Create a way to quickly check loot like you would on POL - as in you mouse over and if it's magic you pick it up and ID it otherwise you leave it. Atm the moment looting takes a long time because you have to scan all the items to get an idea of what their quality is. If you have a system where weapons would have a damage increase based on their name (ruin - vanq) it would make it alot quicker and I would remove alot of the possible enhancements on the weapons and armor so it's alot simpler and more in line with what we've had on POL.

Right now my current plan is to make it so that magic items need to be identified before you can see their stats (although once identified you can see their stats permanently). Also, magic items will have three different levels of power, for example "a glowing longsword", "a vibrating longsword", "a runic longsword". This will allow you to easily grab the magic items and, once people get to that point, only grab the most powerful ones.

-Magic monsters, their magic damage is okey maybe abit on the low side but their melee is insane and I would suggest toning down the melee power of the mobs and rather giving them a higher spell damage.

Can you name some specific examples?

Lich Lords, Titans, Ophidian something.
Last edited by Quintoz on Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Jesper Partole

Post by Jesper Partole »

I noticed that the one scroll that usually is for character descriptions is a little different, it only says how old the account is.

Will look into it.
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

Just made the account, and logged in, ill edit this post as i find things.

-Potion weight is a little high, 1 stone per bottle. Overloaded very quickly

Will look into it. I don't hate the idea of making things a bit harder for self-healers, to encourage people to take on more of a supporting role.
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

i am getting stuck on verifying account page. running client 7.0.35.6 with razor and uosteam. they aint working
also tried 6.0.0.6b client
291-697-526
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

aldath c'om wrote:i am getting stuck on verifying account page. running client 7.0.35.6 with razor and uosteam. they aint working
That
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Simmo wrote:
aldath c'om wrote:i am getting stuck on verifying account page. running client 7.0.35.6 with razor and uosteam. they aint working
That
Some jerk crashed the shard (probably me). Will need to wait for Palma to reboot and see if we can fix what was causing the crash (something to do with World Saves).
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

Crap that might have been me... I was pwning big things with the leet items i found and then shard saved and never stopped... :?
Palma

Post by Palma »

Shard is up again and the thing that was causing the crash is currently disabled. Not saying we won't find others though :P
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Razor seems to be crashing/bugging as hell. And I couldn't get the UO Steam to work on Windows 7 (Gives some Qt blabla windows missing error). Anyone have any clue what I need to do to fix it?