Home Owners Beware

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Raegen Keenarrow

Home Owners Beware

Post by Raegen Keenarrow »

I won't put in a bug report, since I know this is already known about.

So I was making an effort to log on tonight since I've been too heavily bombarded learning 3D game modeling for sale purposes along with my own personal game development. What I found was an immediate log off moment. I logged on and found my 1.4 mill house on Jhelom no longer owned. My last tax payment was the 7th of last month and I thought we had 3 months before they decayed. Be careful to all you home owners out there. I'm the 2nd person this has happened to lately that I'm aware of. I can not take the time to attain all my gold and valuables I had stored away for a 4th, 5th or maybe even a 6th time. All I can suggest is get rid of that evil land tax. Especially if it's buggy. It already feels like a burden just to own a home on this server. Being swept up in a bug makes it even worse.

I guess it's just my time to let go and move on. I've been heavily busy with no time to play lately anyway. Sorry I haven't been around to give testing the RunUO Pang out, though I really really dislike RunUO to begin with. Always have and probably always will. Best of luck in your challenges ahead and to the ones you're all already undertaking.

I guess it's back to work for me since my mood for UO just dwindled.

P.S - At least I managed to get one class to heighten before my journey ended. My Bowyer - William Andrews. It's about time too since I was around when the server first came to be. ;)
Ivan

Re: Home Owners Beware

Post by Ivan »

Did you use the refresh command after paying the tax? if you didnt it refreshes only for 30 days and even that is because of opening the house sign.

"I wish to refresh this house" will only refresh the time to 90 days, opening the sign will refresh for 30 days.
Emirien

Post by Emirien »

Qual-Kehji wrote:I guess it's just my time to let go and move on.

no no no... stop being silly.. you're not going anywhere! Just apply plenty of patience :)
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit
Gurrnutt Venomblade

Post by Gurrnutt Venomblade »

Same Thing happened to me buddy payed my taxes and refresh 30 days later bam gone!
*Signed In Venom*
Gurrnutt Venomblade
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Yeah, one weird thing happened to me also with Brit castle. I didnt refresh, i didnt pay taxes and that evil motherfucker decayed with all my stuff (and Jorgens). Thats gotta be a bug, right? :shock: Afterall i blame Jorgen.
Raegen Keenarrow

Post by Raegen Keenarrow »

Yep I typically do the house refresh command every time I log on in game. Oh well. I've been going through the same steps for the past few months. Well ever since the RunUO project started really and everything's been peachy until logging on last night.
Dargon

Post by Dargon »

Simmo wrote:Yeah, one weird thing happened to me also with Brit castle. I didnt refresh, i didnt pay taxes and that evil motherfucker decayed with all my stuff (and Jorgens). Thats gotta be a bug, right? :shock: Afterall i blame Jorgen.
At least we got the other Brit house you owned..or wait..
Philip Azevedo:
na dude, fu*k uni... that shit wont lead you anywhere
pang on the otherhand....
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

haha i lost my house too
291-697-526
Emirien

Post by Emirien »

well, it appears i can start looking for a new home then :P