Just in case RunUO doesn't work out

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Johnny Walac

Just in case RunUO doesn't work out

Post by Johnny Walac »

Just in case RunUO doesn't work out. Here is the suggestion IF that happens.

Host POLPang from a reasonable save. Remove the buggy mayor system.

I'll quote Boris the Dick on the tweaked list.

1)Be kind, rewind (rules, some updates, retarded religions changes).
2)This is a hardcore shard for hardcore players. It's hard. No shit. That's the identity of Pang.
3)One land, 2 religions. Law and Imperial, battling for that 1 land. (Or a faction tweak. New factions? Fresh religion start?)
4)Final class fixes, identical tomes.
5)It''s 2007 again with improved features, this is the shit.
6)Dick mode activate.

---

a) We don't have enough player base for 4 religions. Not since 2006-2007.
b) Nature and Tekstone are nice - but they don't work as good as Law and Imperial.
c) Tweak the siege system abit.
d) is silent.
e) PvP brings activity to the shard. Some may like it, some may not. It's still the truth.
f) Just imagine those massive fights with 20-30 dudes on each side battling for fame and fortune.
g) Just imagine those massive fights that are fair and PvP is actually based on skill.
h) Players outside from all the religion shit are safe from whine and grief. You do what you like. PvM, HCRP. Whatever.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Cirius Do'Brim

Re: Just in case RunUO doesn't work out

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

If shit hits the fan, Backup Boris won't let Pangaea die.

In the meanwhile, let the new guns try their best.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Break out the old guns, item wipe it and let's do this thing.

I'll check out RUNUO, I appreciate the hard work put in at the least. Pang4eva
632-140-419
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Johnny Walac wrote:Just in case RunUO doesn't work out. Here is the suggestion IF that happens.

a) We don't have enough player base for 4 religions. Not since 2006-2007.
b) Nature and Tekstone are nice - but they don't work as good as Law and Imperial.
c) Tweak the siege system abit.
d) is silent.
e) PvP brings activity to the shard. Some may like it, some may not. It's still the truth.
f) Just imagine those massive fights with 20-30 dudes on each side battling for fame and fortune.
g) Just imagine those massive fights that are fair and PvP is actually based on skill.
h) Players outside from all the religion shit are safe from whine and grief. You do what you like. PvM, HCRP. Whatever.
Unfortunetly the problem I had with RunUO is with the emulator itself, it makes the game feel very slow. So I'll throw in some more suggestions that might be worth considering.

2 Factions that follow the orders of 1 leader each, Lord Blackthorne and British just as an example, each faction will have a religion but you can also make a guild and chose to give that faction your allegience, that way a guild can have their own RP but still follow a leader and be allied to a religion and recieve the same pros and cons (*). You're only allowed to fight against a faction if you're in the other faction and both of them would work similar to Law/Imp, they fight just to gain more power but still follow the same laws etc. <- This would be done so different rules could apply for factions rather then just normal guild vs guild or red on blue action.

Siege system I would just copy what darkfall has because it's a pretty good system. Change the name of the town stones, implement siegestones (**) (bought from NPC for X amount of gold) you can place 2 per siege so you can choose if you wanna keep them together or split them up so you can just bounce between them or maybe sacrifice one later. The town stones and the siege stones can only be destroyed using a new item, siege hammer, make 2 siege stones have the same health as the town stone. So you would siege a city by talking to an NPC like a general or even the Lord of the faction itself, pick a city and pay gold too start it (2 gold sinks allready!) you have 1 hour to place the siege stones and if successful the siege starts 24 hours after you paid the NPC, that way the other side has time to prep.

*Could also have 1 faction color and 1 religion and guilds could earn their own, that way you could have different colors on your clothing depending on what you're doing.
** Make both the siege stones and townstones block travel when a siege is active.

EDIT : I would also add dura too magic clothing and make the high-end (balrons etc) mobs drop 1 atleast per kill with a chance of a second one. This would make sure clothing dosen't become to expensive and keeps getting drained from the system and with the increase of drops it wouldn't hurt too much when losing one in pvp or whatever.
Last edited by Quintoz on Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

The Darkfall: UW siege system is definitively a savior for Pangaea. It's simple yet awsome balance wise.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Iktomi

Post by Iktomi »

Quintoz wrote:Siege system I would just copy what darkfall has because it's a pretty good system. Change the name of the town stones, implement siegestones (**) (bought from NPC for X amount of gold) you can place 2 per siege so you can choose if you wanna keep them together or split them up so you can just bounce between them or maybe sacrifice one later. The town stones and the siege stones can only be destroyed using a new item, siege hammer, make 2 siege stones have the same health as the town stone. So you would siege a city by talking to an NPC like a general or even the Lord of the faction itself, pick a city and pay gold too start it (2 gold sinks allready!) you have 1 hour to place the siege stones and if successful the siege starts 24 hours after you paid the NPC, that way the other side has time to prep.
Not sure I understand fully. Can you walk me through it with a scenario?
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Iktomi wrote:
Quintoz wrote:Siege system I would just copy what darkfall has because it's a pretty good system. Change the name of the town stones, implement siegestones (**) (bought from NPC for X amount of gold) you can place 2 per siege so you can choose if you wanna keep them together or split them up so you can just bounce between them or maybe sacrifice one later. The town stones and the siege stones can only be destroyed using a new item, siege hammer, make 2 siege stones have the same health as the town stone. So you would siege a city by talking to an NPC like a general or even the Lord of the faction itself, pick a city and pay gold too start it (2 gold sinks allready!) you have 1 hour to place the siege stones and if successful the siege starts 24 hours after you paid the NPC, that way the other side has time to prep.
Not sure I understand fully. Can you walk me through it with a scenario?
Okey!

21:00 on night 1. I go too the NPC that I pay to start a siege, I give him the money and then I take the 2 siege stones that I bought from him and go too the city I started the siege on, I place them within a certain range of the city. (*)
21:00 on night 2. The siege stones becomes vulnerable to attack from the new siege hammer that was put into the game. The attackers has to make sure they don't get destroyed, this gives the defenders a chance to break the siege by going aggressive. 22:00 the city itself becomes vulnerable and the town stone can be destroyed using the new siege hammer and if the defenders can stop that from happening for 2 hours they keep the city. During those 2 hours they can still destroy the siege stones.

*If possible the siege stones should be trackable so they can't be hidden away.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

gieb pang, pls.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Talerco Pious