Pangaea - The Edge of the Dafuq'sgoingon

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Cirius Do'Brim

Pangaea - The Edge of the Dafuq'sgoingon

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Hola bitches, I haven't read the forum for a few months due to the forum captcha being as useless as a bag of dicks... but anyways, I'm here now.

I'm not completely sure what the current staff is working on, what's their agenda, what's their timeline and/or what are their goals. I've heard something about upgrading POL96 to POL99 and something about "sticking" with RunUO. All I see is nothing happening, the forum being dead and the shard dying. Pangaea is immortal, the community is golden and we can bring back the "good old days" if we decide to. All that requires is an active, working staff. So I guess my question for starters is to the current staff.

What are your plans and why is nothing happening?

I mean, this whole project looks like P2 all over again... or lets say Pangaea 2010. You currently have less player base than Alteran in his final days. That requires tons of not giving a shit and even more not giving a fuck. If you guys have given up, just say so. That's why Backup Boris is here. You know I'm priceless.
Last edited by Cirius Do'Brim on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ondoher

Re: Pangaea -

Post by Ondoher »

I think it would be the best thing for all of us, to let go of these false hopes of a "better pang". I mean how many times have we seen someone trying to make a better pang and then in the end we all just come back for the good ol' pangaea like we know and love it.

Stop wasting time with a project that will most likely never come to a finish. Good ol' pang might have its flaws and problems, but god damn wasnt it fun when you played it ?
Just try to work with what you have, if something is undoable then it just is. No need to make a new pangaea so that you can accomplish your dreams for a "better" pangaea.

Its been a year now since pangaea moved to a hibernate state ? Time for a reboot, itemwipe, two religions to make and keep things interesting again.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Ondoher wrote:I think it would be the best thing for all of us, to let go of these false hopes of a "better pang". I mean how many times have we seen someone trying to make a better pang and then in the end we all just come back for the good ol' pangaea like we know and love it.

Stop wasting time with a project that will most likely never come to a finish. Good ol' pang might have its flaws and problems, but god damn wasnt it fun when you played it ?
Just try to work with what you have, if something is undoable then it just is. No need to make a new pangaea so that you can accomplish your dreams for a "better" pangaea.

Its been a year now since pangaea moved to a hibernate state ? Time for a reboot, itemwipe, two religions to make and keep things interesting again.
+1
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Ondoher wrote:I think it would be the best thing for all of us, to let go of these false hopes of a "better pang". I mean how many times have we seen someone trying to make a better pang and then in the end we all just come back for the good ol' pangaea like we know and love it.

+1
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Irming

Post by Irming »

Some people are working on trying to do an upgrade to POL99. We dont know yet how and if that will work out. For now - if what you guys want, is an itemwipe / account wipe, we can do that - and see where that brings us.

Facts are the lease time on the server runs out in 14 days, at which time the server will go offline, unless it gets placed somewhere. I dont mind having the server running at my place, on my own internet connection - but it will not run perfect, since my connection is not fast, and get used for everyday use by myself, and the family.

Irming
ICQ 14 38 98 12
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Just reinstate Boris and let these "some people" work on the endless Pangaea upgrade project.

Everything i've read on the pol forums, you pretty much cant do a jump from 96 to 99.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Aye. I suggest that we keep the current POLPang running on either Irming's or Dedicated server while those other people work on a side-project (Pol99).
Reinstate Boris and Co to run the current POLPang.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Re: Pangaea - The Edge of the Dafuq'sgoingon

Post by KrondorZuula »

Irming when you say account wipe do you mean items on the chars, or do you mean a char wipe?
Not sure how many people would have time to retrain to actually be able to do something again.
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

POL99 idea should be simply buried. We don't need it. If possible, I'd rather downgrade to POL95... but that's not the point.

What I bring to the table is a fully paid dedicated server for a full year, an active "scripter" who can change numbers, a new active staff and a new storyline based on our history. I don't know for how many years I've been saying this, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with Pangaea / POL. The core simply requires fine-tuning.

Every day nothing happens the shard loses more and more players. Soon there's nothing to recover. Just think about that for a minute or two.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:POL99 idea should be simply buried. We don't need it. If possible, I'd rather downgrade to POL95... but that's not the point.

What I bring to the table is a fully paid dedicated server for a full year, an active "scripter" who can change numbers, a new active staff and a new storyline based on our history. I don't know for how many years I've been saying this, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with Pangaea / POL. The core simply requires fine-tuning.

Every day nothing happens the shard loses more and more players. Soon there's nothing to recover. Just think about that for a minute or two.
+1

This. Do this. Would be stupid not to do this.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2