Pangaea - The Edge of the Dafuq'sgoingon

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Thoran

Re: Pangaea - The Edge of the Dafuq'sgoingon

Post by Thoran »

Life! Life sighted on the forums!

On a more serious note, ofc playing on Pang (any of them) is still something that I intend to do. Item wipe is only natural if large changes are made, and removing some religions or changing a server count for that. I would probably play even with a char wipe, but I am sure there are people that would not.

A situation where there are two servers worry me somewhat and in short here is what I think about it.

I hope that the general situation would be this:
- People continue/start playing on PolPang to keep the community alive.
- RunUOPang will stay on development, to create a platform for the future.

But this does make me ask some questions:
- Will RunUOPang be left open,when the community can get divided somewhat, or will it be closed temporarily (until completed)?
- When RunUOPang will be completed, will there be new character transfers to keep your "current" progress / new characters / players that did not yet transfer their characters?
Striker

Post by Striker »

There are many players who find RunUO lacking the atmosphere of real, POL Pangaea. Therefore, they won't play it, even if its completed.
In my opinion RunUO was and is a complete dead end. Anyway, it seems that revival of POLPang was short-living so all the speculation is fruitless.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i don't see why would runuo lack the atmosphere of pangaea..sure, there are things that need to be fixed, but i fail to see something that would simply make you unable to play there and feel it's pangaea..
i mean, it's a different world, different things here and there, of course it's different..but what's pangaea anyway?
can't ppl adapt to new ways of pvp/pvm? :D
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Striker wrote:There are many players who find RunUO lacking the atmosphere of real, POL Pangaea. Therefore, they won't play it, even if its completed.
In my opinion RunUO was and is a complete dead end. Anyway, it seems that revival of POLPang was short-living so all the speculation is fruitless.
The real issue I had with it isen't with any scripting or whatever it's the RunUO is sadly very poorly coded imo, the game feels slowed down and as such cators to magic classes.

As far as POLpang is concerened I think the issue is that 3 (2?) groups are wanting do something with it or controling it and while the players want Boris and his crew too take control I get the feeling they don't want too feel like a "place holder" for the people doing POL upgrades etc and instead make it so there will only ever be 1 POLpang and 1 RunUO.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Raemonn

Post by Raemonn »

I have absolutely no clue about the technical aspects, but a quick question:

What Pang is online but nobody playing and feels kinda laggy?

I'd start playing immediately if I know what was going to happen. I don't mind an item wipe (barely have any possessions left anyway), but I'm not going hunting if I'm going to lose everything again.

(Oh yeah, and there's this "dead religion" thing).

Good to be back, Boern.
Pigeon: 691-280-878
dwight

Post by dwight »

The recent upgrades on RunUO about combat system seriously approuch to what we are used in old Pang..

The dynamic religious system is also something I would like to check when they finnish it.. I have great hopes on their works.. instead of dividing our dev teams, why don't they get together?
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Good ol' pangpol is the way to go.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Ondoher wrote:Good ol' pangpol is the way to go.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Everyone says they don't have time to macro anymore like they used to but they sure as hell keep up with the heighten gains :lol:
I whine, therefore I am
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

I'm not dead, simply trying to figure out the game plan.

1) I'm not here to join the current staff. I'm here to create a new staff. With that I mean I'll take over everything. Server, forum, website. Or lets say not everything, Irming is Pangaea and he's welcomed to join this ride. Where would project RunUO roll, I have no idea. This forum, this site, this server - it would be all for the Pangaea we all know. Pangaea RunUO's more of a P2-like project that'll most likely never see daylight. Iktomi, Palma and pals sure have their own vision - but that's simply mine. I've seen this same shit already once.

2) We either need to continue the current storyline or go backwards. Lets say time before religions were created and they'd be found again with time.

3) It's possible that my vision is too HC and too old school for many of you. Item wipe is a small thing. Having no or two religions is a small thing. I don't think that's enough. Account wipes should be seriously considered in order to make this game new. That alone isn't enough, it would also mean shaping the class-system and a lot of things in the core. Everything from spawns to resources to... well, everything. That makes this task even bigger and bigger - and it may actually get out of hands. But honestly, I'm not completely sure I'm comfortable with all the features and add-ons that even I personally am responsible for. Making the shard extremely simple, straight-forward and skill-based may be too big of a chunk to chew on. At least if we lack an active scripter.

I can't really run a show that I'm not fully comfortable with. Finding a middle ground is the key... and that requires tons of brainwork.