Pangaea - The Edge of the Dafuq'sgoingon

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Quintoz

Re: Pangaea - The Edge of the Dafuq'sgoingon

Post by Quintoz »

Glarundis wrote:what's the problem with having pangpol up and running and ppl play here, and runuo also stays online and being developed, and ppl join there when new stuff comes by?
i atleast want to be a part of runuo in the long run, because let's face it, there is nothing new in pangpol. we've all been in that situation, we've all done this and that..itemwipe or fullwipe will only give us a brief illusion that there's something new..but there isn't...runuo can give us that. the only reason why ppl could still want to play in pangpol is endless pvpfest. or rp, but you can do that in both pangaeas
Personally I gave runuo a fair shot but wont be going back there. If polpang dosen't become a reality because of time restraints or lack of scripters or whatever then I just wont play UO at all.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

Glarundis wrote:or text based mmorpgs like kingdom of chaos and stuff..but this isn't one of those games
Kings of Chaos... What did you make me remember? :o
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

After some discussion i'm 100% for full wipe. There is an awsome amount of fun to be had on a fresh shard.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

I simply don't have the time for a full wipe, nor would I think most who return to playing. We're all adults now...having jobs, families , classes and shockingly...a life outside of gaming. I can understand the benefits that would come from a full wipe, but it's not realistic in a dying game that cannot be developed or appeal to most audiences.

It's all been said before and it's already well known, but it needs to ring more true. IMO, a full wipe isn't even an option if we want people to return. Simple as that.
632-140-419
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Instead of creating a new system, I think we'll continue improving the current system - meaning - characters stay. As mentioned a character wipe isn't enough, unless more changes are made to the core. That makes this project too big. For now, play if you wish. There's still much to discuss about the future, the plans and so forth. Hold your horses and we'll see what happens.
Thoorin

Post by Thoorin »

How about an item wipe for now? It would make things more intresting.
I know it doesn't make much difference if the means to get resources stay the same, but for now it would be dandy imo.
Highly doubt anyone will be at the same spot in the next few months.
Kira

Post by Kira »

i'm in if its full wipe, and yeah the ores and such has to be moved around.

also just a thought if you could keep only ONE character of yours wich would it then be? i have 5 personally but i know wich i would prefer keeping.

thats not a full character wipe, people who have a high tamer or assasin or something rather insane trained character could keep that single one if they wanted.

i have another thought also to bring pvp back to a more real thing, the last 10% of gains in combat skills such as swordsmans/parry/archery can only be obtained by pvp?

would make archery a pain but still if you then gain the remaining 10% your allmost best fighter then there is the +5% from highended but thats not in my thought.

Another idea i have is if its full char/wipe then why not redo the classes to be like the new on RunUO? provisioner and such i mean.

i know i might write in short words but i hope you get out of the text as i intent to say :)
Birds Nest: 364-322-303
-The Shani Family-
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:Instead of creating a new system, I think we'll continue improving the current system - meaning - characters stay.
Sad to hear it but that creates the question, what about piety? A priest without piety is basicly a new char.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Kira

Post by Kira »

Well a if no religions there can be nothing like a priest?
Birds Nest: 364-322-303
-The Shani Family-
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Quintoz wrote:Sad to hear it but that creates the question, what about piety? A priest without piety is basicly a new char.
Minor issue. Can be solved and talked through.

In case of improving the game, here's what I'd do.

1) Nature and Tekstone removed from the game
- These religions can be found later if the player base grows. It's a known fact that Law and Imperial are the 2 working religions, while Nature and Tekstone are... well, they just exist with no real impact to the world. Also I would do a static map rollback, so the new "Nature temple" area goes away. The old Nature temple can be simply deeded for housing. Tekstone's cave can simply be fixed by disabling the teleporters to the area. That takes 10 seconds. I'm also hoping Darian can role-play this out for us (rewrite/add stuff to History section).

2) Imperial relocated to Trinsic
- Trinsic is the only city that's competitive vs. Britain/Law. All towns currently owned by either party go neutral until they're sieged again. So things start from square one. Both have 1 town and both are located in the same land. Since you're relatively close to each others, there will be encounters often. I see that shit as a big plus.

3) Identical tomes
- Identical tomes is a must. You all know the advantages and disadvantages. This crap has been talked through a billion times.

4) Updated siege system
- Hanging next to a stone for 8 hours isn't fun. It's retarded.

5) Some class changes here and there
- I think I would just do the necessary changes that have bugged me out for ages. Priests down to 85% Magic Resistance (It's a magic user bravura), Babas dropped to bones (with compensation i.e. even more stats cap), Archers and dragons is a no-no (It's a Ranger bravura) and so forth. Also I think Warriors were boosted a bit too much in order to make them appealing. Minor stat shaping and they're fine. Actually all classes need their stats checked out once again.

6) Some changes to rites and spells
- We need the old Kill back with small adjustments, i.e. you cast the spell to your weapon and hit the opponent with the same chances as in the past. It's a retarded KISS fix that the previous administration couldn't figure out. Instead of being being a spell that's casted 1 screen way it's simply a "touch of death" which makes sense in numerous ways. Also work on rites are needed, even if they're identical between Law and Imperial. You know, same rites with different effects - just for variety and stuff.

7) Item-wipe
- No real reason here. Simply for the kicks.

If we do the things listed above, I'm okay with running Pancake again.