Striker

Re: Pangaea - The Edge of the Dafuq'sgoingon

Post by Striker »

I really like these ideas.
Kira

Post by Kira »

+1

but i would love to see something happening soon, we're like politicians at the moment, discussing the whole time away.
LETS GET GOING so i can get to farm back up as i enjoy!

i have no high characters cause i just like going around "farming" selling and with the sales have some good RP i miss that so much!
Birds Nest: 364-322-303
-The Shani Family-
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote: Minor issue. Can be solved and talked through.

In case of improving the game, here's what I'd do.

1) Nature and Tekstone removed from the game
- These religions can be found later if the player base grows. It's a known fact that Law and Imperial are the 2 working religions, while Nature and Tekstone are... well, they just exist with no real impact to the world. Also I would do a static map rollback, so the new "Nature temple" area goes away. The old Nature temple can be simply deeded for housing. Tekstone's cave can simply be fixed by disabling the teleporters to the area. That takes 10 seconds. I'm also hoping Darian can role-play this out for us (rewrite/add stuff to History section).

2) Imperial relocated to Trinsic
- Trinsic is the only city that's competitive vs. Britain/Law. All towns currently owned by either party go neutral until they're sieged again. So things start from square one. Both have 1 town and both are located in the same land. Since you're relatively close to each others, there will be encounters often. I see that shit as a big plus.

3) Identical tomes
- Identical tomes is a must. You all know the advantages and disadvantages. This crap has been talked through a billion times.

4) Updated siege system
- Hanging next to a stone for 8 hours isn't fun. It's retarded.

5) Some class changes here and there
- I think I would just do the necessary changes that have bugged me out for ages. Priests down to 85% Magic Resistance (It's a magic user bravura), Babas dropped to bones (with compensation i.e. even more stats cap), Archers and dragons is a no-no (It's a Ranger bravura) and so forth. Also I think Warriors were boosted a bit too much in order to make them appealing. Minor stat shaping and they're fine. Actually all classes need their stats checked out once again.

6) Some changes to rites and spells
- We need the old Kill back with small adjustments, i.e. you cast the spell to your weapon and hit the opponent with the same chances as in the past. It's a retarded KISS fix that the previous administration couldn't figure out. Instead of being being a spell that's casted 1 screen way it's simply a "touch of death" which makes sense in numerous ways. Also work on rites are needed, even if they're identical between Law and Imperial. You know, same rites with different effects - just for variety and stuff.

7) Item-wipe
- No real reason here. Simply for the kicks.

If we do the things listed above, I'm okay with running Pancake again.
This is solid stuff all the way through. +1 on every point.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Thoorin

Post by Thoorin »

+1
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

With the loss of resist perhaps priests should have get their mauls back? :)

Otherwise no complaints.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Cirius Do'Brim

Post by Cirius Do'Brim »

Quintoz wrote:With the loss of resist perhaps priests should have get their mauls back? :)
In my books Priests ride with staves, wands and generally one-handed weaponry. Luckily I'm not too big of a nazi.

Problems:

How do we execute the whole "Law, Imperial, reds, salvation" angle?

We have 2 good or neutral religions in the same land. We can't really have 2 religions giving salvation to bad guys either. How to toggle guard AI as we're at it?
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:Problems:

How do we execute the whole "Law, Imperial, reds, salvation" angle?

We have 2 good or neutral religions in the same land. We can't really have 2 religions giving salvation to bad guys either. How to toggle guard AI as we're at it?
Keep the religion battles strictly to religions and associated guilds. That'll remove the murdercount issue from those, and dissociate either faction from blue and red.

Red characters will therefore not be welcome in any kingdom since both religion frown upon murderers.

Turn trials into GM made actions IG, with both faction representatives and other interested parties welcome to attend and expose their arguments. It's the fairest way to go to both religions, at least until you can split the regions controlled by either side and associate it to the murdercount system.
Plus, there are so many more interesting rites than salvation to have in a tome.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

I have a semi reading all of that, it's all I've ever dreamed of...
632-140-419
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:
Quintoz wrote:With the loss of resist perhaps priests should have get their mauls back? :)
In my books Priests ride with staves, wands and generally one-handed weaponry. Luckily I'm not too big of a nazi.
Well that'd be fine if the game supported healing roles, but since it's more about keeping yourself alive and doing damage I think it's about time Priests gets something instead of getting nerfed all the time, it's not like that extra 3 damage is going to break the game :)

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

full wipe is going to kill the game.
we're all either desperate to play again and have fun or almost giving up on the whole thing and not giving a crap anymore. i think 99% of the players would do the latter if characters were wiped..

"yo remember that game from oh so many years ago?let's go back and have that fun...but we need to spend those tons of hours first, again!"

nah, ppl will just stop caring

i know i most likely would. in fact, i'm more inclined to wait for runuo and see how it goes, although i dont' see many ppl interested, than playing here, because i could really only want to play here if we have a big playerbase again..when you've done anything and everything, only a high enough playerbase will suffice..
i won't say "never again" (it's pang right) since in a few months i could give it another go, but i guess i would give up after realizing my chars are still shit. it would take TONS of new additions and cool stuff, balanced religious system, balanced class system, etc etc to make ppl even bother to start from scratch