Pangaea - The Edge of the Dafuq'sgoingon

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

KrondorZuula
Counselor

Re: Pangaea - The Edge of the Dafuq'sgoingon

Post by KrondorZuula »

Just imagine all the epic battles waiting to be had, all you have to do is say yes..
Sooo

Fuck Yes doooo it!
Last edited by KrondorZuula on Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Boris offer is like a dream come true.
Striker

Post by Striker »

Thumbs up to all ideas except the char wipe, which is sucky sucky.
Irming

Post by Irming »

Cirius Do'Brim wrote:POL99 idea should be simply buried. We don't need it. If possible, I'd rather downgrade to POL95... but that's not the point.

What I bring to the table is a fully paid dedicated server for a full year, an active "scripter" who can change numbers, a new active staff and a new storyline based on our history. I don't know for how many years I've been saying this, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with Pangaea / POL. The core simply requires fine-tuning.

Every day nothing happens the shard loses more and more players. Soon there's nothing to recover. Just think about that for a minute or two.
Actually I agree with you Boris totally, there is nothing wrong with Pangaea - and no need for any upgrades. I know some are working on upgrading, and Im fine with that, but if you want to keep the current one running - contact me on skype - and lets make this happen :)

Irming
ICQ 14 38 98 12
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Striker

Post by Striker »

Ranokan

Post by Ranokan »

The POL99 Pangaea idea came after Ari's visit to our place in Madeira. After long talks about current state of Pangaea (0 players) and the fact we don't believe RunUO Pangaea is to happen we remembered the good old days where there was no lag (POL95). We actually believed that the best way to go would be to go down to POL95, however we didn't have access to any POL95 files back then.

We talked our idea to Arthur and asked him if he would be ok to check the current files and see how doable it is to upgrade Pangaea to POL99. Immediately he started looking up for core and distro files on POL community and learned it's structure. Since we were not able to get Pangaea files we asked Irming if he would let us have the files which he did.

Our idea was since beginning to work on this without interfering in the current state of Pangaea thus why nothing came to public. But since now it is known, yeah we working on it just for the fun of it and if we able to finish we will let you all know. Imo when done we could try to transfer stuff to the upgraded version and keep going from there.

From what Arthur have seen so far, the problem of Pangaea is not even the fact is based on POL96 but the fact that it has a very messed up web of scripts. There is code that is repeated several times throughout the whole pangaea files and scripts being set to critical when it is not necessary. This creates the "lag" issues, if too many of these are running at the same time, since they block the server until their completion. All scripts need an overall cleanup and better organization in order to become more efficient. Since this requires a total review of the scripts we decided we could do it and at the same time upgrade it to a more recent version. Pangaea is 80-90% customized meaning that the upgrade to POL99 is actually not that hard. The hard part is to sort out where all the pieces fit, get rid of the excess and improve what can be improved.

For current POL if needed and wanted I am available to help out as staff in order to help on regaining activity.

Argon‏
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Since my gif was removed.

Make it so.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

I whine, therefore I am
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

If there's no character wipe and the new storyline is going to be based on the history, could it be possible to get a new id for your character, as in outlook and name?
I whine, therefore I am