Who will play again? Playercount

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Glarundis

Re: Who will play again? Playercount

Post by Glarundis »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:
Vulcan wrote:
Cyrus Tegyr wrote:So curiously, we getting a small list of what is being removed aside from charges off things?
That's the plan. Relevant changes will be listed.

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:Wands being removed as well since they're charged based cause personally I'd like to see them stay but rechargeable by scribes once they've run out of their charges. (Though admittedly I'd like to see a reevaluation of their crafting materials but I'd be happy if they were rechargeable.)
Wands are staying. Boris was crying on his pillow, ripping off what was left of his silky blonde hair about how a baba could be ganked by 2 necros in 1 out of every 720 attempts without some sort of magic reflection around.
Cool appreciate the info, what about without getting to bogged down in the mire of debate here giving the barbarian more resist and removing skill points from something else? I've never played a barbarian so I don't know their strengths and weaknesses but that might be an answer or perhaps giving them a hidden resist to wand damage?

So the script would check to see if the incoming damage is from a wand source and if the defending player was a barbarian inside the script pass on a higher resist than they currently have, could make it a percentage of their current skill to that the higher the barbarians resist the better off as opposed to a flat number.

Just a thought, it is kind of lame that they can be two spotted but alas it's been ages since I've played pang obviously so I can't remember if two shot pvp is the norm or not.

Another question since I've never returned just after a Pangaea item wipe, do we start out butt naked or do we begin with like the beginners package that one would normally get when they make a new character?

"1 out of every 720 attempts". i guess they're farely safe :P if we only had to worry about that
Vulcan
Game Master

Post by Vulcan »

blckfire wrote:I just want a bug free world :cry: ...
blckfire and Pangaea code:

Ivan wrote:Just one hit the bastards and you'll be fine? Oh I forgot necro has the stats of a knight...

Anyhow hopefully reflect pots still stay.
Pure exaggeration.

I would remove all magic reflect and replace it with magic resist instead. Melee characters are used to not bothering about magic users and want to keep it that way, but PvP is not only for priests/warriors/knights/babas. How would you like if magic users were given a reactive armor spell strong enough to deal with all your strongest hits and topping it with a 10 second delay?
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Vulcan wrote:
Ivan wrote:Just one hit the bastards and you'll be fine? Oh I forgot necro has the stats of a knight...

Anyhow hopefully reflect pots still stay.
Pure exaggeration.

I would remove all magic reflect and replace it with magic resist instead. Melee characters are used to not bothering about magic users and want to keep it that way, but PvP is not only for priests/warriors/knights/babas. How would you like if magic users were given a reactive armor spell strong enough to deal with all your strongest hits and topping it with a 10 second delay?
Well a bit of exaggeration true, but to be honest I remember necro's having around 170-180str, and 60-70 AR... if not even more along with reactive armours and etc. (Difference was only 30-40 str compared to baba)

They were a bit too tough, just like monks... either boost druids and mages up to par or lower those two to levels of normal casters is what I am thinking of.

But if we start speaking about all classes and changes that should be made etc. the discussion will turn bad. So we better stop here.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

When talking about magic reflect it's easy to forget how monk is the strongest class in the game, reflect or not.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Quintoz wrote:When talking about magic reflect it's easy to forget how monk in two specific religions is the strongest class in the game, reflect or not.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Vulcan wrote:
my new hero
Baoler

Post by Baoler »

I will come back and play actively as proposed by the OP.
I'll even telling other people about it to try and get some new comers.

at least +1 here. ( despite my lack of activity in the past :( )
Baler from JE
Toby Frost

Post by Toby Frost »

Baoler wrote:I will come back and play actively as proposed by the OP.
I'll even telling other people about it to try and get some new comers.

at least +1 here. ( despite my lack of activity in the past :( )

I have no idea who you are..
Baoler

Post by Baoler »

Toby Frost wrote:I have no idea who you are..
Baler from Journey's End. Though I was a kid back then. If there are any JE people still around I'm sure they'll know who I am.

I played Pangaea on and off for several years. The last time I played I joined law. Played a character named Baoler who was a Priest.
Baler from JE
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I'm an old Journey's End player, I hung out with Chromas, Eric and Derek Nightshade, Hawthorne, Perseus, Percival Dragaryun (sp?) and his brother who's character I can not remember. We were all in a guild called Circle of the Dragon when Sigismund still ran it before it was taken over by another party and CotD was made into some quasi religion or something, lame. By this point all my friends had jumped ship for other games as did I so I'm not sure the exacts about it. There were a couple other people in our crew, Sven (can't remember his characters last name) all these people I knew and still know many of them irl as many of them have been lifelong friends of mine.

I don't remember you but it ain't no big deal.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman