Who will play again? Playercount

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Ivan

Re: Who will play again? Playercount

Post by Ivan »

Its not relaunching as the pang we knew? Hopefully you dont ruin it guys...
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Ivan wrote:Its not relaunching as the pang we knew? Hopefully you dont ruin it guys...
Hopefully they've just made useless stuff more useful :)

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Thoran

Post by Thoran »

Daimeri

Post by Daimeri »

Dont forget

Shakawkawkawkawk
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote: The one change I am hoping for in terms of merchants is uniformity such as sys messages from bow crafting and gumps but I'd be very happy with just crafting message uniformity for fail and success and finish crafting cycles.
I wouldn't have too many hopes on this one. (For now...)

We are trying to address some more overall related issues, we'll get to the core one's... Eventually... :D

As a side note:
Pangaea as some badass problems in almost every single important aspect of it's core. The guards aspect is just one example. Whenever I lay hands on a new part of the system I almost always find a problem related to how the system is implemented. While I'm at it I try to solve the major issues, almost always issues that can block the server, while smaller ones I put aside to deal with them when the time comes.

I don't want to make any big promises, but, I hope in the future we can "standardize" some things and in the meanwhile work on stability and performance of the server.

Like everybody knows we use our spare time for this so, I wouldn't expect any major changes after the server is restarted. You can expect more tweaks and fixes until we get to a point where it is safe to add new content without having to adapt almost every single script to accomodate new changes.

There is no point in developing over a system that has it's core broken, although we are making an exception before the new relaunch. I'd rather clean up the mess and start fresh than having to always have to use workarounds.

But, like Argon said:
Argon wrote:Sorry guys for the delay but everyday something is being implemented.
Daimeri

Post by Daimeri »

Any clue when server open?
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Like most other has said, take your time make sure it's done right. Nothing would be worse then getting on the shard and shit being broken.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Daimeri

Post by Daimeri »

"Like most other has said, take your time make sure it's done right. Nothing would be worse then getting on the shard and shit being broken."

Maybe i miss something i just heard that pang is gonna be reopened soon and i haven't read much forums about that reopening but what you mean about that "shard and shit being broken"
I think old pang worked fine. I understand that there is gonna be some new things in old pang but, If they use existing pol data and add some new things and configure old. Its not gonna be "broken" My advice for coders is don't fix what is not broken.

Cheers
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Daimeri wrote:Its not gonna be "broken" My advice for coders is don't fix what is not broken.
blckfire wrote: Pangaea as some badass problems in almost every single important aspect of it's core.

Whenever I lay hands on a new part of the system I almost always find a problem related to how the system is implemented.

There is no point in developing over a system that has it's core broken, although we are making an exception before the new relaunch. I'd rather clean up the mess and start fresh than having to always have to use workarounds.
Idk but i'm pretty sure Pang is "Brocken - Biggs"
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Daimeri

Post by Daimeri »

Okay

I just wondering how did people played 15 years in broken shard.