Before launch

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Argon
Game Master

Before launch

Post by Argon »

Created this just so you know what will come before launching.

Basically:
- Religions are to be deleted and be ready to be launched depending on the RP
-- Religion tomes made equal with just different propose.
- Class changes are just minor tweaks (armor restrictions, skills and stats tweaked, ...)
- Resources changes (ores/hides/bones) are meant to be more balanced and with a logic behind them
--- Ores placed in new spots
- A new bard final song
- Guard runes created since it seems it was one of the reasons that were creating lag
- New siege system in order to make it more dynamic and with less dull surprise attacks
- Several merchant tweaks (reg costs, new tinker stuff, and other stuff)

Can't think of more now, but I'll add if I remember.

Argon
Thoorin

Re: Before launch

Post by Thoorin »

Sounds good!
The thing that troubles me the most is not knowing when I can log in.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Argon wrote:-- Religion tomes made equal with just different propose.

Argon
Are you saying they're the same but with different names and power words for rites?

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Demian

Post by Demian »

Argon wrote: - Religions are to be deleted and be ready to be launched depending on the RP
-
Does this mean even Tekstone and Nature can be created by players if they choose to RP it that way?
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Demian wrote:
Argon wrote: - Religions are to be deleted and be ready to be launched depending on the RP
-
Does this mean even Tekstone and Nature can be created by players if they choose to RP it that way?
Too add on to the question, is Imp and Law going to exist from the start? What happends to Piety earned if no?

Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Since there's no religions at the start, can't the siege system re-work be postponed?
I whine, therefore I am
Argon
Game Master

Post by Argon »

The tomes are to be equal with only different animation, we are to chose which rites (last page from tome) are to be chosen (only one is left now).

No religions will start and no piety will be pre-earned. Gota start from beginning.

The idea will be to give you players the RP aspect to start creating whats coming. Some things here have not been 100% decided, storyline needs to be made to explain the happenings. GMs will moderate in order to keep things in some sort of guideline.

We are considering to have some sort neutral diety for those piety chars to work on.

Siege system can be postponed if the majority agrees with, although we wanted to open with that made.

Argon
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Siege system can be postponed if the majority agrees with, although we wanted to open with that made.

Imo you should finish atleast 85% of your stuff now before launch because once the shard is up other stuff will take your time. I have waited for PolPang for a year, I can wait a few weeks more (Vacation starts in 3 weeks)

But if you think you can work on a siege system while running the shard, go for it.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Argon wrote:No religions will start and no piety will be pre-earned. Gota start from beginning.

The idea will be to give you players the RP aspect to start creating whats coming. Some things here have not been 100% decided, storyline needs to be made to explain the happenings. GMs will moderate in order to keep things in some sort of guideline.

Argon
I get that, but you chose NOT to character wipe but still you want to put Priests and Monks back to baseclass, which is where I don't understand the thinking.

blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Quintoz wrote: I get that, but you chose NOT to character wipe but still you want to put Priests and Monks back to baseclass, which is where I don't understand the thinking.
No one is going to go back to baseclass. Like mentioned above
Argon wrote:We are considering to have some sort neutral diety for those piety chars to work on.