In anticipation for Pangaea's relaunch

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Cyrus Tegyr

In anticipation for Pangaea's relaunch

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Hey guys and girls,

I know Pangaea is not up and running yet but in anticipation of it becoming so, I have been mulling over my macros and chose to rewrite one of them. It was one that has experienced a few problems in the past due to my stupidity if I am honest. My crafting script is currently getting a major overhaul that will add a few things and I wanted to throw this little bit of news out there as I am fairly happy with how it is coming. I hit a couple walls over the last week I have been rewriting it, but have overcome all challenges thus far.

Below is a checklist of what I am currently working on, have finished and what has already changed with it as well as a link to a pdf that will work as the user guide. One of the many things I think was a flaw was its lack of instruction on how to use it and I can not tell you how many times I had received an icq with "Your macro sucks, it doesn't work! I hate you!!" Well, nothing that harsh but you get the idea, people just did not know how to operate it until I explained to them over icq how to do so, this became bothersome as I did not want to always have to spend a half hour to forty five minutes trying to explain how to work the macro, it made sense to me perfectly on how it was set up but of course I wrote it so this time I set out to write a nice looking guide on how to use the macro, it is not complete yet as I am in the process of finishing menu design for one of the new features but once that menu design is done I can finish the guide. If you are bored and want to critique it and give me feedback, I would appreciate it, I tend to write in more fuller sentences than are needed so I suspect it could be condensed a little. The guide also has screenshots taken of the menus involved in the macro so you can see the differences if you used the macro in the past.

Completed!
Current Focus
Redesign menus
- Finish ButtonListener Subs so that all elements are functional
- Add initial Skill Selection Screen which will act as the old drop down skill selection menu replete with Global Settings button
- Add a version number line for easy identification of which version the user is running.
- Write global settings tab
- Redesign the Workshop menu replete with a Back, Help, Guide and Favorite Item Buttons
- Revise the Mouse Coordinate sub so that it updates text on the fly for ease of use
- Redesign the Statistics box.
- Add Radiobutton functionality when selecting the method in which the user wants to have the macro stop, skill point check or total crafted item check.
- Condense menu & element size from its previous version 2.4.4 size
- Write a halt if script menu is closed while naming a favored item.
- Write functionality to save, Load and Delete favorited items

Crafting & all the jazz
- Write the LocateCraftingTool Sub, need to add fix for blacksmithing hammer auto-equip
- Write the CategoryCycles Sub
- Rewrite the BeginCrafting Sub which will handle the crafting portion of this macro.

General Goodies
- Add AutoFeeder Sub
- Journal Scanner needs to be added
- Add functionality for world save checks for improved waits
- Rewrite the Skill Cloth Check request
- Craft Bag functions rewrite

What's changed thus far:
- Removed the ability to choose Bowcraft as a skill. Due to the way Pangaea handles this specific crafting skill, worked with only a few items
and I feel it is just impractical to allow the user access to a skill that this macro only works with when crafting a select few items. I have left
in the functions for Bowcrafting to work, it is just that the user is unable to utilize it. This is in the eventual hope that crafting messages
are added to all items within Bowcrafting.
- When the Auto Feed Me option is selected, it will automatically find food your character will then eat, as opposed to having to manually select
food to eat.
- Condensed menus, menus are much neater amd generally take up less real estate save for if the favored item list is visible and the general settings
tab is visible.
- Initial menu which is where the user will select the skill they are going to utilize with this macro.
- Guides and Help are no longer stored within the macro, instead they will be pdfs located within dropbox or googledrive, undecided which.
- Functionality to allow the user to have a total of 10 items per skill that can be saved and remembered between sessions.
- Due to some of the new features, there will be a slight noticeable delay when opening the General Settings and Favorite Items portions of the menus.

Guide (This will be accessible through the menu):
Setareh's macro Guide

Edit - Was going to post this in the Macro section of the general forum but figured I would make a new thread.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Vaux27

Re: In anticipation for Pangaea's relaunch

Post by Vaux27 »

Amazing stuff as always, Cyrus.
632-140-419
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Thanks, took a break from this but its close to being done, been busy with other chit irl.

Sadly that's the only screen shot I have left of ultima stupid cryptolocker ate the rest of them a year or so ago. But I figured you especially would get a kick out of your little prank being the front cover

Can't wait to spam the ideas forum with some ideas I've had during these dark days of no Pangaea, especially regarding the cooking class. I think I've got something to make that class just superb, giving a good reason for cooks to make the various different types of food.

I've been dinking around with mapping tools just for shits n giggles starting with a fresh install map and statics and sprucing up the map fixing those weird water spots where the ground rises through the water and removing statics and building a couple little towns as well as replacing a few buildings. Adding more farm land to Yew, Skara and Moonglow.

Map stuff is just a useless hobby, but if anyone is interested in checking out some of my changes and can get their own personal server up I'd be more than happy to share.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Nice stuff dude
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Alright, after just letting this sit on the wayside, I have decided to finish this now that I do not feel so useless on my characters. I updated the user guide, so if anyone is interested, I added some new images with a description of the elements on the favorites menu. If anyone wants to run through it fairly quick and see if I made sense that would be extremely helpful in terms of explanations. Since I took a couple months it seems from working on this little project my formatting for the Favorite Items section is completely different from the rest but I tried to make as much sense as possible.

Note that there is also a difference in menus slightly, the statistics section will now have lime colored text instead of yellow. I did this so that the statistics portion of the menu is clearly identifiable from the rest of the menu.

I've got to finish the buttons, chiefly the Reset button, so that when that is selected it clears the current item from the menu so that the user can set up the macro to macro up a different item.
I need to test all the buttons to make sure I did not miss anything in terms of configuring their interactions.
I have much of the inner workings finished in terms of how it cycles through an item, I just need to actually copy it into the macro and test it a bit.

There are a couple quirky things I need to hunt down and fix but they are nothing major and do not hurt the overall performance of the macro, just weird menu delays or the need to click certain buttons twice for them to trigger, not sure what is going on there but I will try to hunt these down, but if I do not in the next week or so, I will over time and just put out little updates that fix these quirky issues.

User Guide

I bet you thought I forgot about this :D
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Holy crap that's awesome. : O You rock! Can't wait to try it!
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Using one of "Our Dear Leader's" favorite words,

Folks,

It is finished...Well sort of, it probably needs a little testing so test away and give me feedback.

Script Forum Thread