PangRunUO project officially on hold

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Iktomi

PangRunUO project officially on hold

Post by Iktomi »

Hey all,

Just writing to say that the PangRunUO project is officially on hold (in reality we haven't done much work on it since the announcement to re-launch PangPOL was started).

That said, we still have the code, might in the future be willing to keep working on it (with others as well) and we've fixed some of the "feel" issues that were present during the beta launch.

Obviously the PangRunUO project has had its chance, so let's see how the revived PangPOL run goes. We may even around and take a look here and there. Good luck!

"GM" Iktomi
Percy

Re: PangRunUO project officially on hold

Post by Percy »

Scrap the RunUO version, take a look at Shards Online, and start following that. Let's turn that game into Pang 2, because as it stands now, its pretty much fully custmsiable and its still in pre-alpha.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Percy

Post by Percy »

sorry that came across as quite harsh and I didn't mean it to be. Its just that Pangaea's current community seems to have chosen this place as where it wants to be. I also don't think its worth venturing into another Ultima Online project as the server at least is nearing its 20th birthday and what we can do now is very limited not only in terms of what's scriotabke but also the lack of new players we will be getting.

Shards online is claiming to be totally moddable from pretty much the ground up, there is not too much info I can give due to NDA but as of pre alpha now, skills can be modified, there are servers with beta siege systems and beta criminal systems. It does have the capability of being a full PvP full loot shard(s). When custom assets gets released you can theoretically change everything right down to textures. The game works with unity so importing things will be a breeze. Houses are already being worked on, howerver they a mix between Pangaea and RunUO in the sense you can place them anywhere in certain areas of the maps but they are prebuilt options with only the inside furniture changeable and movable. Also it is a skill based game just like Pangaea, use a skill to raise it sort of thing. New skills can be scripted in, old skills can be nodded.

I know it sounds like I'm hyping the game up, which in a way I am, but I'm hyping it up to become the next part of the Pangaea legacy. The sooner we start the sooner we can be ready to fully open up when the game does and even score a chance at being on the main server browser for new players.to check out.
635'288'825
Striker

Post by Striker »

Lets just stick to the good ol' POLPang. Such experiments proved to be quite unhealthy for Pangaea and its community
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

I must say that shards online thing seems pretty cool. But I think our community likes the looks and feels of Ultima Online.

Although it's graphics are not the best there is still a lot we can do to improve this awesome game.
Percy

Post by Percy »

I know and understand that nothing will ever be Pangaea except PangPol but shards is going into beta 2016 and probably released 2017. We will see anyway, we do have a decent size playerbase coming back to Pang though so that's good.
635'288'825
Vulcan
Game Master

Post by Vulcan »

Sorry to hear that.
Despite realizing that it was fracturing for our small community to have 2 projects running, I was looking forward to see it rise to it's potential.

And of course you're more than welcome to play here.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i'm still looking forward to pang runuo, it looked it could be something. even though, what matters to me the most is not if it's pangrunuo or pangpol. it's how good the experience can be, considering the playerbase and the specific things we can do. and while there can be improvements to pangpol (otherwise we wouldn't be having all this downtime), ppl always said that pangruno would have so many more possibilities.. anyways, let's see how things turn out here
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

As POL scripter I must say, that there are no boundaries to what you can do with POL. Just bad scripters...
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

great to hear that :)