The new start RP

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Daren Priesten

Re: The new start RP

Post by Daren Priesten »

This is an opportunity to change everything. As far as I see it there is no RP past. Like waking up from a coma with amnesia of anything before.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Queue the *Wakes up from a dream* or *Was hit on the head by the giant egg of the tree climbing Ostard* stories!

Personally, I don't mind if people continue on with their RP or start a fresh. It's kind of a neat thought if some players have some semblance of the past whilst others don't. Plus I doubt it'll really hurt RP much.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

"And so the gods gathered, preparing end the world in the last final battle. All forces and followers were gathered and the battle begun at the sunrise. Battle lasted over two weeks, within the time priests and knights were the first ones to fall as they were the holy front line of their respective deities. After the loyal followers of the deities had set to their rest the gods starter relying on the people who were unwilling to serve and started forcing them to do their bidding.

At the last sunrise most of the human forces had been spent and the gods took the front lines themselves. At the mid day of the last day, Gaea's chest was pierced by the spear of Dennac and so the hate between the god of creation and god of domination had ended. Upon this moment winchester saw his chance and charged to finish off the weakened Dennac who had spent all his power and resources to ensure the defeat of Gaea. Swiftly Winchester finished off Dennac the brother of Gaea and so the siblings of the mother had been vanquished. There were only two of the reigning deities left in this world and both of them were determined to finish off this war that had lasted for ages.

The fighting between the two last gods Winchester and Esuna grew fiercer and fiercer from that moment on, as if they were in hurry to end the war. When the sun was about to set the gods were fairly weakened from the never ending confrontation between the two of them. At the moment when the sun set the most unexpected happened, both of the gods were completely exhausted and the remaining people were released of their chains.

At that moment the people realized the torment they had to go trough, under the control of the gods. Killing and slaying their own kin for the war of the deities. Enraged, saddened and broken from the war the people took their last stand against the two remaining gods. They charged with the blades draw, spears pointed and axes prepared to finish them off.

Once the sun had set, had the people of pangaea gained their freedom at last."

Something like this perhaps? Could explain a lot.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

it could, but i always had trouble with the thought that the gods are somehow limited in that they are able to be physically hurt by mortals xD
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Glarundis wrote:it could, but i always had trouble with the thought that the gods are somehow limited in that they are able to be physically hurt by mortals xD
Perhaps once they are weakened and if their proxies are on the same plane as the normal folk they could be vanquished from the world? (Doesnt mean they are dead though)
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

that'd make more sense. but wouldn't then they eventually return to full power and bam, we have 4 religions again with the same old rules..and we don't want that...apparently
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Glarundis wrote:that'd make more sense. but wouldn't then they eventually return to full power and bam, we have 4 religions again with the same old rules..and we don't want that...apparently
Well perhaps they just go on and create another world and start all over again there, remember the lore this isnt the first world where they've been fighting and there is other surviving worlds, though its under control of dennac etc. You can speculate whatever you want and so on, from that point forth if they aint part of this world anymore there is no need to know their story line anymore.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Gonna bump this topic, since we're now live can we please have the explination for the religions being gone etc so we can lay our RP in a way that makes sense?

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Quintoz wrote:Gonna bump this topic, since we're now live can we please have the explination for the religions being gone etc so we can lay our RP in a way that makes sense?
Im just curious if this is a clean slate or if there is a semblance of the old gods. In short, do we have to RP why we are no longer in let's say Imperial or are we just creating religions from scratch. I have a pretty good idea what I want to do but want to know if I need to cast of past shackles so to speak.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:
Quintoz wrote:Gonna bump this topic, since we're now live can we please have the explination for the religions being gone etc so we can lay our RP in a way that makes sense?
Im just curious if this is a clean slate or if there is a semblance of the old gods. In short, do we have to RP why we are no longer in let's say Imperial or are we just creating religions from scratch. I have a pretty good idea what I want to do but want to know if I need to cast of past shackles so to speak.
Yea I feel the same, rp going forward is clear but got no idea about where we came from, how long we are from the "past" and what not.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat