Priest Justice

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Ondoher

Re: Priest Justice

Post by Ondoher »

Ved Dwight wrote: it just don't feel right and truely doesn't feel like pangaea.
15 points of resist and pangaea doesnt feel like pangaea anymore.

Arent you guys taking this a bit too seriously ? We've waited for like a year or more to play again. Its been a few days and your throwing tables over 15 points of a skill.
We propably got this too early like argon said, but damn im happy to be playing right now and i am thankful that the current staff even took this project to continue.

i thought that League of Legends community was a kindergarden. Little did i know.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Ondoher wrote:i thought that League of Legends community was a kindergarden. Little did i know.
Ima quote that to my signature, absolutely right.

Its just funny, 90+% of pang players played religious chars. We vote for early opening with the delay of creation of religions. Then most of the players with religious chars start whining about balances and stuff, when the religions aint even out yet. It does sound like idiocy to me, thus “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
Thoran

Post by Thoran »

Cruxis summed it up nicely and I can understand the anger. Feeling like you have lost a character that you trained for years isn't something you'd actually want. But if Pang would have just died, the same would have happened for all your characters and for all players, even those who do not have religion charaters.

Looking at the situation from "game" context your characters have been "nerfed" or "rebalanced", depending on the perspective. Since we know nothing of the tomes, it is really too soon to speculate the power of priests. Of course dropping resist to 85 is a somewhat unique change, because now there is no fighter class with that high skill. This means there isn't really an alternative to where you could change, so all the work on that skill is essentially lost (I feel for the bastard that might have tried to be different and selected resist as one of the heighten skills). The ramifications of changes like this are serious, and I doubt the decision was made lightly.

From "RP" context I doubt you characters are so shallow that they revolve only around a specific religion. They have their pasts, views and goals in life that might have been affected by the religion and it's peers, but they surely are something more than just that. Of course you could just recreate the "classic" religions, or then something similar. Giving the players the power to create religions is absolutely fantastic. Of course it might be good to have a "neutral" religion, created by the staff for new characters (perhaps without the possibility of getting as high piety as with other "real" religions). In any case this is a major step on increasing player generated content on the shard.

To those who consider that "this isn't pang anymore" or that they'll just leave the shard, I say that don't be too hasty on that decision. Things are still in motion, and we just don't know what the final changes are going to be or how everything will turn out. Let's be patient and appreciate the fact that there even is Pangaea.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Since ppl don't seem to get why I asked for mauls and it kinda snowballed from there, here's the simple reason.

Priest had 100 healing, thus can't have 100 tactics (I think they had it years ago no?)
Priest had 100 resist, thus they can't have mauls.

They removed one of the specilizations from Priest and we should either have 100 tactics or mauls back, I would prefer 100 tactics cuz my priest would be OP but being realistic I said Mauls.

Now stop crying about losing the resist, Aldath said it in another topic, it was easy as fuck to train, few hours of active gameplay, the same kind other kids were crying out for in a topic about removing macro checks.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Vulcan
Game Master

Post by Vulcan »

Quintoz wrote:They removed one of the specilizations from Priest and we should either have 100 tactics or mauls back, I would prefer 100 tactics cuz my priest would be OP but being realistic I said Mauls.

Priests are expert healers and through that, blesses and other rites, truly amazing at staying alive. Preventing damage and dealing it through melee shouldn't be their main advantage otherwise we're back to the old tanks.

The compensation will come in form of tomes. If you guys can wait for it of course.

Keep in mind that the neutral religion will be finished shortly but those tomes will not be complete. If you want a complete, revamped tome, you'll have to work yourself the details of the new religions to get those. I realize that priests are very limited at the moment and I agree with Argon when he says we opened too soon, both scriptwise as history wise, since the plan was to stop after the second beta, create the storyline to fall back on and at least get those limited tomes available so religious characters wouldn't completely suck.

So give us a few days, consider this week out of any storyline and it should be resumed shortly.
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

Creating this topic was not to whine, I was just simply asking the staff if they had an idea to give something to the priests after taking something away.

Apparently the tomes are going to be more useful. It does suck that we lose -15 magic resist but can't complain too much about it. Pang is back! I missed it, and glad to be playing again :)
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

yeah i mean...just play and gather some wealth and train some skills.. we can worry about rp and religions in a month..everyone is still trying to find their way and get properly geared..well, almost everyone xD
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

It's not a whine, don't take my hard work away with nothing in return. It's that simple.

Good you have plans, but don't drop it until it becomes realistic.
632-140-419
Bloodtouch

Post by Bloodtouch »

Imo, priests shouldnt be the ones carrying out the fights, sure they could put out some damage like the rest of fighting classes or SHOULD, but Imho, you shouldnt need a group of 5 priests or something to win a battle or two, not sure if Im sending the msg...
They should be somewhat like a support class or yeah, experts in healing and stuff, the frontlines should be left to knights, maybe rangers, and some other ''misc.'' (babas etc) classes that are in the religion.
Their purpose should be just to support, to boost the morale of their allies, something around those lines.
Just my 2 cents here, and Im pretty sure this has been said between these posts (or hope so) :P
645-915-327
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Bloodtouch wrote:Imo, priests shouldnt be the ones carrying out the fights, sure they could put out some damage like the rest of fighting classes or SHOULD, but Imho, you shouldnt need a group of 5 priests or something to win a battle or two, not sure if Im sending the msg...
They should be somewhat like a support class or yeah, experts in healing and stuff, the frontlines should be left to knights, maybe rangers, and some other ''misc.'' (babas etc) classes that are in the religion.
Their purpose should be just to support, to boost the morale of their allies, something around those lines.
Just my 2 cents here, and Im pretty sure this has been said between these posts (or hope so) :P
Please read carefully one more time. It makes total sense what he said.