Razor

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Glarundis

Razor

Post by Glarundis »

so, the major issue was the lag thing, if i remember right. now that it has been fixed (atleast i read somewhere blackfire saying something about fixing the packages and blablabla)..so, is it possible to use razor now?
Cyrus Tegyr

Re: Razor

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Razor is an abandoned project but that aside, I doubt we will see it becoming usable as if I remember correctly it offers a few things such as no nights where everything is daytime which would probably break the effectiveness of necromancer's darkness spell.

But more importantly it was written specifically for Runuo and as such pushes packets that pol servers do not recognise and causes issues particularly in the tunnel your computer makes with the server. I suspect a lot of these packets aren't recognised by pol as well because Runuo is up to date with the latest version of Ultima and pol has not caught up to that. Alas though the distro team is working on getting it high seas ready.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

Not 100% on this but I don't think it will be possible to use Razor ever because it is designed specifically for RunUO servers and throws up all kinds of errors on the POL emulator.
Vulcan
Game Master

Post by Vulcan »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:and as such pushes packets that pol servers do not recognise and causes issues particularly in the tunnel your computer makes with the server.

Which in other words means it creates lag. Therefore, razor is not, and will not be, allowed.