Zaradon's PvM guide (Grouphunting) "Pre-release"

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Zaradon

Zaradon's PvM guide (Grouphunting) "Pre-release"

Post by Zaradon »

=============================================================
So in the past, some players have asked to write a guide by me, would anyone of the hunters add/fix something in there?

Please, do add/improvise while we're at it!
Thanks!

=============================================================

Formation

It is very important to have a set formation for a successful grouphunting and the use for each line.
I will be introducing the most common formation for a group hunt which is; Frontliner(s), Damage dealer(s), Supporter(s).

Frontliner(Tank/Puller);
A tank is any class which can obtain a considerable amount of protection and health, to withstand a horde of incoming damage from hits and spells.
A puller is the one who is basically controlling the crowd of monsters to his attention, while the 2'ndary puller is doing his job.
NOTE; The secondary puller can easily be a damage dealer, who can survive the incoming damage from the creatures he is pulling to the Support formation.

* How to play a Frontliner?
You need to keep the hordes of creatures, strongly away from your support line. Since they cannot fight and move at the same time, casting spells requires one to stand still.
You can pull just as many creatures to your Support line as they can handle with the DD's (Read, Damage Dealer), overpulling may cause vital risks.
Do remind the support/dd's to have a fair distance.
Create a safe-spot for yourself and your Support line to boost the performance of the group.
Make sure to fill the requirements before you run into the frontline.

*Preferred classes for this formation;
Any fighter class if it does meet the requirements set.
Personal suggestion on Frontline classes;
Barbarian *****
Knight ****
Warrior ***

DDs (Damage Dealers);
Their main priority is the lure and kill the creatures, according to the group's abilities, to the Support line and finish them off.
One of the DD's, has also a role of a Puller, who has the ability to withstand a set amount of incoming damage, that ofcourse, is up to him how much one can handle.

*How to play a DD?
Make sure to pull hitting creatures towards the summons. Hitting creatures are very good to kill with summons and much less risky, they wont get dispelled either.
Hitting creatures will stop moving once the summons are taking their attention.
NOTE; Magicusers should avoid dealing damage with spells to the hitting creatures except of some curses, this may cause some unnecessary risks.
Make sure to focus on killing the casting creatures, specially if you're a fast hitter or one with good poisoning or damage output.
Make sure to kill targets ranked from weaker > stronger. To ensure less hassle and more space for flexibility.

Barbarian *****
Archer *****
Warrior *****
Assasin *****
Treasure hunter ****
Ranger ****
Knight ****

*How to play a Semi-puller?
Make sure to pull hitting creatures to the summons, 2-3 targets at one time by attacking different (weakest to strongest) targets.
Make sure to pull back when the Frontliner is in a bind or healing, do not pull since you will overpull the creatures or the team will be at risk.
You are the second hand of the Frontliner, act smart and fast. Do not set anyone in danger with the amounts you pull.
Ranger shooters and fast hitters should focus on casting creatures after the hitters are out of the picture.

Any class that can withstand a set amount of damage, to be able to pull and deal damage at the same time.

Supports (Summoners);
Their main priority is to summon and support the Frontline and DD's by providing elementals, buffs and heals requested.

*How to play a summoner?
Your role is to summon either casting elementals or hitting elementals, according to the situation, you must be aware which is required for what.
You will have to summon elementals for their opposite directions. Hitting summons against casting summons, for a higher chance of spell frizzle, since they got low armors.
Casting elementals against hitters, for extra damage from spells and elemental damage, since most hitting creatures dont have selected types of elemental protections.
Once the creatures are being pulled and you will see like 3 hitters running around you. You "All kill" on the first target, making sure your summons have drawn attention on that critter.
Once the summons obtained it's attention, you can do the same "All kill" on the next target. And so on, forth so the DD's will have free hands on killing the critters, when they are occupied with summons.
Make sure not to go infront of the DD formation, you cause a lot of confusion for the team by taking unwanted aggro and moves.
Try to catch attention from the creatures as little as possible, you're a squishie.
When there's atleast two magicusers, then it would be wise for the mage to summon sand elementals as for the other magicusers can summon fire/water elementals, according to the critters ahead.

How to hunt with this setup?

Frontliner moves always in the front, controlling the crowd up ahead and waiting for the DD's take out the casters quickly, while the second puller pulls hitters to the summons.
The team works perfectly, if everyone knows what they are doing.
Once the crowd is taken care of, the Frontliner will carefully look at the critters lowering by amounts, but to enhance the hunting progress. He is already moving to get to the next bunch of critters.
DD's will inform the Supporters about the clues.
Last edited by Zaradon on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
aldath c'om

Re: Zaradon's PvM guide (Grouphunting) "Pre-release"

Post by aldath c'om »

So my ranger is totally useless in group hunting as he isnt mentioned in any Category. Imo ranger is them all in one package.
291-697-526
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Dont want to make anyone upset, just trying to make an easy-to-understand guide of teamwork concept. Which kind of character type belongs where.
Some players hunt in solo, some players hunt in teams. That's where the errors, deaths and mishabits occur.

Not trying to offend anyone, just trying to release a guide which would be easy to understand and i've been requested to make a guide for quite a few times, aswell.

Next guide will be "Solo hunting as a Fighter"
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Guess we'll have to nerf the loot pretty soon as a preemptive measure for all the future rich people that read this guide.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

blckfire wrote:Guess we'll have to nerf the loot pretty soon as a preemptive measure for all the future rich people that read this guide.
I agree Zaradon sharing all the secrets of how the be a pro.
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Ivan wrote:
blckfire wrote:Guess we'll have to nerf the loot pretty soon as a preemptive measure for all the future rich people that read this guide.
I agree Zaradon sharing all the secrets of how the be a pro.
I think it's nice of him. It should be part of the wiki, if we get that one up.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Your personal guide for the pvm and etc. should be in your User:Name page. Once the wiki works perhaps he adds this there.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Got it all wrong boys.

Just the experiences in group hunts made me realize that players have become picky on who they hunt with, as a group.
But since i'd like to bring people to a common understanding of a strategy to hunt, we'll all get along better.
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

Omg.

I don't understand A THING he said. :shock:
*feeling dumb*
Theodore

Post by Theodore »

I love that he mentions The DD's :D

Every guy loves playing with DD's
My bird location is 239081580 footsteps from britain bank!