Shard moments - present and the future

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Argon
Game Master

Shard moments - present and the future

Post by Argon »

I'm making this post to let you guys know RPwise the current and future direction of Pangaea and how religions will kick in. Atm we are at moment 0 which I will try to describe as being the Void and from here we will introduce step by step the deities which will be progressive:

Moment 0 - the void
This is where we stand at the moment, there is an absence of deities and this shall be the standpoint where recent events are unknown. Basically when we go into the moment 1 (with ability to change names and so forth), we shall realize that there was a war between gods where destruction and chaos prevailed.

Moment 1 - Britain stronghold
All towns will be out of control but Britain, without merchants, without guards and with a sort of plague, the chaos will prevail but with the appearance of an hero who will allow Britain to have some control and protection from what lies outside. At this point those who keep housing in Britain will have to pay higher taxes (not sure yet how much) to pay for protection.
At this point, there will still be an absence of deities as a result of the past.

Moment 2 - raw deity
We will introduce an appearance of a deity where religion chars will be allowed to channel energy. It is our intention that this "raw deity" has only access to the Holy rites. So all rites filling will be upon some sacrifice and if we are successful we will introduce some merchant classes to have a job into this process (for example foci creation made by tinkers, tomes by scribes, ...)

Moment 3 - new deities
At this point we will allow guilds who want to apply for this (under conditions) to be able to create their own deities. With this those who join shall get a religion style guild with improved tomes where Sacraments and Rituals appear, we will have a pool of Rituals to be chosen from, each guild decide which Rituals from the pool they want.
At this moment the armament will have effect on PvP when opposing guilds challenge each other, we will also allow that blessed gear to be used by different players of the same guild (as it was back in religions)
We will encourage guilds to try and conquer the chaotic towns and make them their owns with their owns guards that will act accordingly to different templates we will create.

Moment 4 - the future
From this point on, you guys will keep on with less guidance. We will introduce a system where the guild in control of a town will have paid guards protecting (if wanted), will have a new siege system where we will try to make it so fights are more set in time to avoid endless waiting and so on.

Of course all this will take time to implement, thus we ask for your patience, most of it was to be made on our Pol099 project which we are now trying to put into this, so let's hope all goes as smooth as possible.

Thanks for keeping the community, we are trying to do that as well :)

Comments are welcomed with suggestions since this is only our guidelines.

Argon
Ivan

Re: Shard moments - present and the future

Post by Ivan »

In what sort of period of time you are going to proceed with the "moment" plans if they are not done in quick success pang will most likely run out of players. Example if we get stuck to moment 1 for over an month, I cant see a possible way for pang to survive. People will simply quit in that kind of situation quite quickly.
Argon
Game Master

Post by Argon »

Well Ivan we do understand that if we stay even in moment 0 for too long, ppl will start to be disappointed. However things can only progress as we manage to do stuff.

I keep saying that our project was to upgrade the shard to pol099, an hidden project that was to be done at our pace. Somehow it got precipitated and now we have a live shard requesting us to go ahead with the stuff as quick as possible. It just won't happen, if people want to stay, we are glad, if people decide to leave, well there is nothing we can do.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

There is always something you can do, push off the decision to start with the moment plans until you can create their effect altogether within a month or less. Or you can adjust the plans with the thought of how to keep the players who are playing the shard currently still interested.

Bottling everyone in britain, with no chance of buying houses is going to increase the chance and fear for metagame with along all the other problems these moment plans will create.

So instead of giving into the pressure that players create with their demands, you are the staff who decides when and how things will progress. Players dont know the best remember that and figure out a way that will keep shard alive instead of trying to get it shut down right after everything has just opened.
Argon
Game Master

Post by Argon »

Well Ivan I think I understand that you are worried the most with moment 1, my worries were more into when we start to roll and stop being stuck on moment 0. About that indeed we will have the attention to make sure that when we get into a phase we are already almost done with subsequent ones. So no worries into getting too long stuck in Britain.

On other side, there will always be housing outside towns and eventually we might get some towns as ghost towns where ppl could still buy housing. Things like that will always have temp solutions.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Thank you, these were the answers I was looking for, so you are adjusting the plans so that you can keep pang alive. Also in no sense I am against progress, but rather the original post didnt give enough information of these plans.
Raegen Keenarrow

Post by Raegen Keenarrow »

Moment 1 - Britain stronghold
All towns will be out of control but Britain, without merchants, without guards and with a sort of plague, the chaos will prevail but with the appearance of an hero who will allow Britain to have some control and protection from what lies outside. At this point those who keep housing in Britain will have to pay higher taxes (not sure yet how much) to pay for protection.
At this point, there will still be an absence of deities as a result of the past.
Kind of sounds like a Journey's End Diaspora event taking effect, with it's own twists. So my only question for now is, does this mean if you live outside of Britain, you'll no longer be able to access your home until the towns been cleaned/purged? From monster spawns and such? I'm just hoping this won't cause houses to decay, if people aren't able to access their current homes found outside Britain. As my Bowyer isn't that great of a fighter and doesn't live inside Brit.

Thanks for the info though! : )
Vulcan
Game Master

Post by Vulcan »

We recommend you keep your houses refreshed. That event should not last more than a few days but since that will be up for guilds to do the work, we cannot estimate the real duration.

At this point there aren't more than a handful of players owning houses inside other towns, so it'll be up to the players to create their own accessibility.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

So my question is, when should we start with religion RP?

In terms of religion structure, is there a head priest slot or is it just going to be just religion who "follow" their deity without having someone who is "closer" to their deity?

I only ask these questions as I have already begun putting together some sort of religion structure and want to know if I need to change anything before hand and assuming anyone is interested, want to know when i need to seriously work on RP for it, I am kicking around a rough draft in my head on how I want to begin the RP but the religion guideline assumes there is a head priest slot for instance. (For those who can, see my thread on the Imperial forums)

I am a little concerned with the diaspora action as I remember that very fondly from Journey's End as just wrecking my fun on that shard, the higher tax thing is kind of annoying as well, what is the reasoning behind this? it just seems like it is going to be there for sheer annoyance factor.

Glad to see we actually have some plans laid out before chit hits the fan. :shock:
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Argon
Game Master

Post by Argon »

There is no answer as for timings, because we can't predict as it depend on many factors related to RL and ease of implementation. The idea for you to know the guideline is for you to know which are our plans for the shard.

As for preparing a religion, I can say that it will happen and those who manage, will have it as it was in the past. But about when is the best time for you to RP that is up to you really, see where it fits the best.