Shard moments - present and the future

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Ondoher

Re: Shard moments - present and the future

Post by Ondoher »

Now about a month later.. when are we moving to Moment 1 ?
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

Xippy

Post by Xippy »

Any news about this Guild/religions stuff ? I am kinda tired of waiting.
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Ondoher wrote:Image
Xippy

Post by Xippy »

+1 good one
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

If everything goes ok we hope to move on to the second moment anywhere between today and the 15th of next month.

Ofc, this all depends on the time our personal lives gives us... So, give it a week less or one more depending on this factor.

Anyway, things are moving forward. Like I said in another Forum thread, we are still in live Beta stage where we want to get rid of most of the bugs that have been there for ages and also introduce you the new religion system. Once the two are done we can then concentrate in developing more content and adress other core issues. As you can imagine this is a long term project and we hope to be done with it anywhere between today and one year from now.
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

I need to do a small update on this...

Unfortunately, while looking on the code related with the religions and the way stuff works I found some major issues regarding performance. Meaning that big wars (10v10) would for sure mean shard lag. In my opinion, it's not worth it to put something like this live since it will just mean a very painful experience to the players.

Of course, I'm only now delving more deeply into the whole system which means that more stuff like this might show up.

I would really love to put Religions up within the next month or so, but since these issues represent a blocking problem I'm pretty sure this will take some more time to solve. Nevertheless, I'm going to try and do my best to work through this and still make the 15th of the next month a reality, although, as you can imagine, this may lead to a delay of a couple to several weeks.

Just want to inform you now so that you guys don't start whining that we are the 15th and religions are not up.
Bipina Huntley

Post by Bipina Huntley »

Thank you for that update ! its realy good to know how the progress goes.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Not trying to be a dick or anything but drop us a bone to chew meanwhile you work them religions out. Online count is dropping massively .
Toby Frost

Post by Toby Frost »

Simmo wrote:Not trying to be a dick or anything but drop us a bone to chew meanwhile you work them religions out. Online count is dropping massively .

+1

P.S. - Simmo no need to say Not trying to be a dick.. We know its just your personality by now!