Shard moments - present and the future

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

blckfire
Scripter

Re: Shard moments - present and the future

Post by blckfire »

ETA, anywhere from now till 1 month. Depending on personal life, ofc. We had the drawback of me changing jobs plus the Adventurer's guild remake which will bring more stability to the server and less troubles for all of you that use it (once all the bugs are sorted out).

I normally put a lot of hours in the weekends but in the past few weeks I had both my kid, gf and myself sick (which is kinda normal in this period) which, ofc, delays stuff. I'm sure you all understand that we do this for the fun of doing it and unless you guys want to pay my salary every month you'll just have to sit and wait. It's kind of annoying to get home everyday and see posts like the ones above.

We understand you want religions up, we also want that!

If you want to quit for a while, because you're bored of the game as it is, I really don't have a problem with it! If I see the online people drop to 0, I really don't have a problem with it! The server will still be up and I'll still be working on it until what we said we would do is done and then some. Once you feel the game is at a point where you can really enjoy it, feel free to come back and enjoy the experience. Until then, I'll just ask you guys not to ask for ETA's and enjoy the game as is. I'll try to keep you guys informed as much as I can, but I don't feel like it's really necessary to tell you guys about every single line of code or package I write.

Remember, also, that while I am trying to advance I am also solving bugs here and there which cause more delays in our estimates.

That being said, I want to thank you guys for being an amazing community and rest assured we will not stop working until our objectives are achieved and after that, for sure, some more will come. We're here and we are not sleeping!
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

blckfire wrote: I'll just ask you guys not to ask for ETA's ]
When is the ETA? Relax, always been like that. After we get religions people will start to ask daily when will the religions be finished, old stuff. You offer the finger, we will just grab the whole hand.
Fyi - Vulcan is such a nolifer, he will pay your salary :>
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

relax blckfire, we know that you guys have real lives and you're not even getting paid for this, and we can not really demand anything. i (and i suppose many other people) just want a simple "don't worry, we're progressing bit by bit" every now and then just so we know you guys haven't totally forgot about us, because sometimes we get the feeling that the staff will sooner or later post something say "ok, it's just too much for us to handle. it's officially over" lol
Vulcan
Game Master

Post by Vulcan »

Glarundis wrote:because sometimes we get the feeling that the staff will sooner or later post something say "ok, it's just too much for us to handle. it's officially over" lol
Not happening. We're a very professional bunch and we debated over weeks what we wanted to do in order to progress. We have a clear line of what we want to do and what the final product will be, and from start it was clear to us that all of it would be a long-term project.

I understand players are impatient. We temporarily removed the main aspect of the shard's last years in order to improve it and the unexpected delays mess with your plans and gameplay enjoyment. Fair enough. But every time you ask about it and force blckfire to answer, that's one less line of code that is being done. :P
Diam Larkei

Post by Diam Larkei »

Is there any chance to see Malas or Lost Land again in the future?
Don't argue with idiots.They drag you to their own level,then beat you with experience!
GO!HabsGO!
Argon
Game Master

Post by Argon »

As we knew it? I dont see the interest.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

With the playerbase i think main felucca will be big enough. Besides, if this new religious system with pool points and stuff works well, it should be quite dynamic. Speaking of which, it's September now :P
Diam Larkei

Post by Diam Larkei »

Argon wrote:As we knew it? I dont see the interest.
Well for Malas, I actually liked the map,but not the RP involved with it at the time. The fun about this Map was about the possibility to search and see new kinds of dynamic in the playerbase.

AS for Lost Land, it was my mobfree clay field <3
Don't argue with idiots.They drag you to their own level,then beat you with experience!
GO!HabsGO!
Ert
Counselor

Post by Ert »

Lost Lands? You mean LoS land!

Wouldnt want to see that back untill that could be fixed :z
Thoran

Post by Thoran »

It might be impossible to get to know things like this in advance, but I'm still going to try. As we now are in a long term update process, should we be expecting and or fearing some possible wipes (for example before religions will be released)? Knowing about such in advance would be the fairest option for all players.