Items disappearing from chests

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Simmo

Re: Items disappearing from chests

Post by Simmo »

Maybe something decayed, i went to my house and saw items appearing on floor, started to pick them up instantly.
Notified Vulcan on this, he said its old-ass bug and just avoid stashing spellbooks into chests.
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

I wasn't aware that it's an old bug :/ I just hope i'll get my 4 most needed clothes back.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Afaik, staff is not responsible for item losses and were not allowed to create items, not even as a replacement for lost items due to a bug or timewarp.
Gorath Blackmind

Yeah sounds fair, they're responsible for the bug so they cant make me the clothes i lost because of them? that makes no sense. Plus i'd rather hear that from a staff member than you.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Gorath Blackmind wrote:Yeah sounds fair, they're responsible for the bug so they cant make me the clothes i lost because of them? that makes no sense.
If its known bug, it should've been reported on boards so no one else makes the same mistake right? Also even if you lose items due to the bug, making items for players can be easily be mistaken to gm account abuse etc. making things even more difficult. Before it was due to these facts that they did not return or recreate lost items, or they were not allowed to make items for players.
Gorath Blackmind

Yeah well, if you have any common sense you can tell that this has nothing to do with gm abuse or such. I just want back the items i lost due to a bug. Am i asking too much here? Its not like I did something to lose the items.
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

All I can say is that I was not aware of such a bug. I'll check the logs and see if any script was behaving weird at the time of the happening.

I'll investigate on POL forum also, because I've got a feeling that this is something related with the POL96 core, which means there's nothing we can do, for now.

Edit: I'd like to add that we can't also give you back your items because we can't see what's in the SS. In the end, we would have to trust your word on it but that opens doors for other players to abuse.

So we will not be able to give your items back (unless I find them somewhere in the saves), I feel your pain.
Gorath Blackmind

5/5
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Old rules for staff dont apply by the looks of it, I am at loss here.
Shalinn

Post by Shalinn »

As you stated in your original post you said tthat the bag of cloths had been dropped out on your another box/crate.
Are you sure that the container you tried to place them wasnt just full and your own bag was full also so it dropped to the ground and didnt notice that yourself ?

In my honest opinnion doesent even sound like a real bug to me.