Name change

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Bloodtouch

Name change

Post by Bloodtouch »

When are u guys gonna hand out deeds with these or whatever? RP will soon be done (some have already finished) and no one will be able to change their RP according to that
645-915-327
Yonki

Re: Name change

Post by Yonki »

Was this name change to be meant for the shard as it is now? or what?

Just asking...

-Yonki.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

I've been waiting for this for so long now...even if religions can't come that quickly, it would be quite good to be able to change my char's gender/name already...The sooner we get this, the better. And afaik, this should be super easy to do..I don't know why it's not done yet
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

It's pretty easy to do. I'd be willing to work on this perhaps this weekend if the staff would like. I can draw up the Gump and put in all the working bits, it would be a small contribution to the shard while things quiet down IRL on my end.

I'll draw up the Gump and work on the actual working bits if I can figure it out, shouldn't be too difficult for a novice such as myself, then zip it off to Blckfire.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

Plz include gender change with appearance change (skin colour etc.) thank you!
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

So what I'll do is create a Gump with:

- Change Name edit box - this will check the characters in the name so you can only have the maximum amount of letters a newly created character can have.

- Gender Radio Buttons - Male or Female

When the OK button is selected, your name and Gender will change accordingly.

Then the player will be presented with the character customization gump similar to that of the new character creation Gump where the player can choose skin and hair color along with hair style both facial and head.

That's the plan at least. To use a nice saying it shouldn't be too difficult. I will work on the Gump work today through Friday and then work on the inner workings over the weekend, I'm very particular on how gumps look so that takes me a decent amount of time to lay everything out as I like it.

Once that's done I'll send it off to Blckfire and here's to hoping carpets and name change goes live soon. (On the carpet front I need to fix something in terms of consistency but I believe it works as it should).
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Much appreciated! You are the man!
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

This is a go, however there is debate on gender bending your character so write to your local liberal far leftist politicians and tell them to fight against sexist, xenophobic, gender discrimination and put legislation to bring free sex changes to Pangaea covered by the Pangaean Affordable Healthcare Act.

Personally, I spent so much time putting together my character's names I won't be using any of the change stuff but it is so easy that it is trivial to offer and since I know players would prefer not to play the cliched "amnesia" or "dream" card in their rp. Some have characters that are nigh 10 Years old and may want a change in scenery.

I discussed this with Blckfire, I'm for offering players a one time customize your character. I'd even at this point consider since there is no way in game to be forgiven for past transgressions (murders) offering a check box to wipe that but alas players may and staff probably would not want to go that far.
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

Ehm alright I am not sure I read it right but now the staff is having a debate on whether gender change should be allowed? In early 2016 I asked on forum countless times (well... maybe not countless but I did go in a length to get a "certain" answer out of the staff) to make sure they have plan in allowing gender change. I stated my reason for pursuing the answer because it would effect how I decide on the new ID of my characters.
(A) no change at all
(B) only name change allowed, or
(C) gender change allowed
makes a huge difference on how I roleplay my characters right now as well as what house I would get.

Bella Pious wrote:
blckfire wrote:
Bella Pious wrote:No seriously now we are officially up. What about the name change etc.? I have had a few options thought of and cannot do a lot of things without knowing if my character would be a man/woman, and name/family history.
I will release a one time use item that will allow name and gender change sometime during this week.
Thank you Blckfire :)
There is no need to rush it because I know it is not the most important, just knowing the final decision of the staff is enough so i can go ahead with all the planning,
As I got an yes on gender change March 2016 I have already started planning the roleplay story on the character transferring and all the stage is set just waiting for the staff to actually implement the new age in Pangaea history. You can't tell me now it is scratched unless there is a really good reason.

Is this legit enough?
Bella Pious, The Vet
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

This was something Blckfire mentioned to me yesterday. I'm going to script it the way I want with all the bells and whistles, the only thing I won't add is murder count reset, as while I think that odd to be in there if for no other reason than to give some older players a fresh start I don't think that is something that they would want covered by this.

I'm going to spend some time tonight putting the Gump together, I think it is mostly done in terms of its design.

Then fill in the working bits that'll actually make the changes.