Name change

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Simmo

Re: Name change

Post by Simmo »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:This was something Blckfire mentioned to me yesterday. I'm going to script it the way I want with all the bells and whistles, the only thing I won't add is murder count reset, as while I think that odd to be in there if for no other reason than to give some older players a fresh start I don't think that is something that they would want covered by this.

I'm going to spend some time tonight putting the Gump together, I think it is mostly done in terms of its design.

Then fill in the working bits that'll actually make the changes.
Insta-salvation should be added aswell as we have no idea when the server will be fully functionable. Its just another dead character, been already dead for a long time. If its a no from GMs then id like to know why.
Argon
Game Master

Post by Argon »

Thief! :P
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

Last item wipe, without ID change, all red characters were given free salvation through trial.
And I personally agree that if we are allowed "any" ID change, all characters should start off blue by default. After all, you are a murderer because of your murder counts, and who (character-wise) did that murder really killed if we just carry the murder count through by default from the past character, and under whose law (no more Order of Law) ? If any ID change is allowed, everyone should have an equal chance to start new and decide what religions he/she wants to build/follow.
If after the ID change, the new character should wish to be a criminal by collecting murder counts, then that would be course he would go down.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

OK I'll add it, need to find out the cprop to wipe, time to look at salvation.src!

It'll be a check box so read the Gump carefully.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Argon wrote:Thief! :P
I no thief :<. If you guys adding stuff, then add "Do you want to get out of wrong?" feature aswell.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

No thanks for more free salvations. It might be a new start but you're still derping around with the victims stuff in your chest
I whine, therefore I am
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

Hm he does have a point. So paid salvation?
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Bella Pious wrote:Hm he does have a point. So paid salvation?
Any kind of salvation, paid is good too. Talerco is quite wrong though, after item-wipe the best robberies have been radlius sets, which i doubt robbers picked up. Red chars were created sololy for the purpose of pvping not robbing.
Tbh i was one of the active robbers and i got pretty much nothing from robbing, everything from just pvping. But to make it fair, paid is cool.
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

I think however the staff should decide on the matter ..... if salvation needs to be applied and not just automatically granted, it should be done before the ID change.

Honestly how are criminals going to get salvation after the new start, considering we would only have player religions, I wonder. But that would be for another topic.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Well I know how I'd handle absolution, but ya for another topic. I don't think this is something that should be handled by players, of course since religions were brought up, piety is another scourge that I've always wanted done away with, transparency and not hidden skills and stats but I'm just that odd kind of a guy.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman