Guard cloaks

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Prince

Re: Guard cloaks

Post by Prince »

For me it's kinda easy to deal with this. Create a script that deletes all the cloaks in player's and house's inventories. It would also delete magical cloaks but who cares about that?!
+1! Hurray! :D
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Prince wrote:
For me it's kinda easy to deal with this. Create a script that deletes all the cloaks in player's and house's inventories. It would also delete magical cloaks but who cares about that?!
+1! Hurray! :D

+1 balance
Argon
Game Master

Post by Argon »

And how would that solve the problem?
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Well if the current view on bug related item losses is that you'll warp back and return items, I see this as a quite a workload...

Anyhow if current staff would act like the past staff members even slightly, 3 day jails would've be handed out to everyone who is found abusing even this petty bugs.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Time for me to weigh in here.

There is already a system in place or it was that automatically changed a clothing's color to 0 if it were equipped by someone not in the religion. Can't you just check if the cloaks color is the color of a guard cloak and just change it's color to 0?

Seems a bit...well I won't go there but why throw around threats of instakills when this could be easily addressed in a script that already does/did exist or was this a part of the script base removed and not announced?

Since I believe the color that is used for guard cloaks is not an available guild color, it shouldn't have any conflicts with that and if the issue is it will change guard's cloaks color to 0 regardless of them being a guard or a player, just check to see if the wearer has an ip and if so do the color change. Kind of a pointless threat for something that could so easily be addressed and fixed with little over sight from staff members in the future.

On the other hand if the concern is people displaying these cloaks in their house, just have cloak colors change to 0 when a guard dies or when it is removed from a corpse since there is no reason at this juncture for a cloak to be loot able that is colored gold, it would have no conflict with our regular day to day life in game.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Argon
Game Master

Post by Argon »

Seriously? Thanks for the tip, meanwhile I'll keep what I've said.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

I've seen guard gear (without cloak) lying on the ground in a pile near x 1352 y 1756 twice.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Argon wrote:Seriously? Thanks for the tip, meanwhile I'll keep what I've said.
Never got your hands on an religion's color you weren't in did you?

Ya it was in the equip script I'd imagine for clothing I imagine it is still there. This isn't the double click stuff but the an actual equip script. Take a gander I'm curious to see if it is still there.

Also as for recolouring cloaks already in existence, why not just create a quick and dirty script that can be run at start up time and scans all items in existence and if there are cloaks not equipped to the npctemplate townguard or whatever you guys have called it, just color it to 0.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman