Guard cloaks

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Argon
Game Master

Guard cloaks

Post by Argon »

From now on I want everyone who have guard cloaks to dye it to another color. It's bad RP and above all an exploit of a bug.

Instead of reporting where the guards are leaving corpses you guys are abusing it, thanks a lot.

Starting tomorrow no more cloaks roaming around or I will .kill and mark those I find no matter where you are.

Argon
Ivan

Re: Guard cloaks

Post by Ivan »

Wouldnt giving out bug deeds for bugs be helpful against bug abuse?
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Dont know why you dont get it. Cant report those guards, its a 1 timer. Easier for you to just kill all guards in the world and respawn.
And instead of just starting to punish everyone, fix shit. Crying over cloaks here.
Argon
Game Master

Post by Argon »

Simmo is it hard to tell where you left the guard corpse? The rest of course is up for me.

Right now if someone tells me they get a corpse in Magincia means that something is really weird because supposedly I fixed those.
Shalinn

Post by Shalinn »

Simmo wrote:Dont know why you dont get it. Cant report those guards, its a 1 timer. Easier for you to just kill all guards in the world and respawn.
And instead of just starting to punish everyone, fix shit. Crying over cloaks here.
If you find those it doesent mean you have to use them. just tell where you found it and trash it. Seems quite simple to me
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Forums is a horrible way to communicate these type of messages. Better to just bundle this 'bug' into a list of fixes that are patched upon a later date. Punishing people that may not see this thread is ghei. If their are programmatic fixes that need to be made, should probably focus on fixing them instead of. . . not :P.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Not sure why players abuse such pointless bugs at all. And still asking for bugrewards? Mad kids, the game is since 92 - get real.
Seeing them on half players in britain when i run around. But on a larger scaling, this kind of player-attitude just demotivates the staff for pushing their efforts to fix things.

We just have one scripter guys and he has barely got the time to fix the junk, now that we are playing stupid and showing how much we respect their work.
Well, one day they will just stop doing it for us, they are not charging one single coin from you. Which in return, they should deserve some respect.

Now, enough of teenage-coaching-philosophy.
Prince

Post by Prince »

I´ve told Vulcan which guard was it and he said it was no bug.... :D
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Zaradon wrote:Not sure why players abuse such pointless bugs at all. And still asking for bugrewards? Mad kids, the game is since 92 - get real.
So rewarding for finding a bug is not a way in your eyes to stop the abuse? Once a bug is reported on forums as an example, imo its already big enough reason to give jail to bug abusers.

Sure this one is quite useless bug and I think there is a command for GM's to delete all items with certain color as an example (I think guard cloak color is unique) even if it results guards running around without cloaks for a while.

But overall this is only a small part of a bigger problem considering all the possible bugs out there.
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

For me it's kinda easy to deal with this. Create a script that deletes all the cloaks in player's and house's inventories. It would also delete magical cloaks but who cares about that?!