Current shalrius.

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

tehsquish

Re: Current shalrius.

Post by tehsquish »

Demian wrote:It still has around 25% blockchance, which imo could have been lowered even further considering how easy it is to get. But yeah, definately not useless.
People keep saying this.... yes its "easy" to get compared to Auropian that's true but it still isn't "easy" to get unless you're talking about farming like 6 per day from ants.

The adventurer's guild is a nightmare - I took 3 quests the other day and was not able to complete a single one because of all the bugs - mobs not spawning - mobs spawning in inaccessible locations - mobs actually spawning but then they just don't drop any quest item. Its a nightmare and it gets expensive when you have to cancel all those quests you have no chance of completing. I spent like 40,000 gold and got 0 Shalrius for my trouble. What exactly is "easy" about that?

There is a big need to have some kind of suit between low end and auropian that is good but not OP. I agree shalrius was maybe a little OP but if you make everyone farm Auros to be able to hunt anything decent that's a really really bad idea.

Just make Shalrius act like Phoenix bone and call it a day.
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

tehsquish wrote:Just make Shalrius act like Phoenix bone and call it a day.
that would mean it gets nerfed even more. besides we already have royal.
291-697-526
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

tehsquish wrote:Just make Shalrius act like Phoenix bone and call it a day.
Whats Royal's purpose then? Besides that the effect is realy freaking weak.

Imho players are given something good, someone goes and whines its op it gets beaten into shit with a huge nerf bat. Which results into more whine, endless cycle.

But anyhow, this just means everyone will farm Auropian suits now and call it a day. They'll be just as OP as before, just in a different way.

The way I see it is that Shalrius blocks (currently) 30% of the incoming spells, meaning 30% of the dmg from spells. However Auropian reduces DMG of all ementals by 50%. So in a raw comparison Auropian was always better in any situation, while shalrius was better in the situation where you are not engaging a fight against anything that does not cast.

Now its just Auropian all the way.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Ivan wrote: Now its just Auropian all the way.
As it should be, for high end content to trained characters, Auropian being the hardest ore to gather. Shalrius is still a very good stepping stone to get to the next level, which is Auropian.

Before it was just Shalrius all the way. Saw no point in using Auropian anywhere since all dungeons have plenty of casters except the rare few where gear like Malachite/Lhiolite does the job anyway.

Shalrius blockchance (according to Eddys tests) was even 64% for an archer set before the nerf. There was no debate on which to use whatsoever. And mindblast which is one of the most common spells casterd by monsters, and the most deadly spell to all fighter characters except for Priests, is not diminished in any way by Auropian. So there still is a hard decision to be made in some situations between Shalrius and Auropian. + I've already noticed a clear increase in the amount of gheals, bandages and manavampires that I spend on a hunt after changing into Auropians, so it really is nowhere close to the OPness of Shalrius.

The only problem I see is that there is nothing above Auropian. There should be always something to reach for no matter how hard it might be to achieve it.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Ivan wrote: The way I see it is that Shalrius blocks (currently) 30% of the incoming spells, meaning 30% of the dmg from spells. However Auropian reduces DMG of all ementals by 50%. So in a raw comparison Auropian was always better in any situation, while shalrius was better in the situation where you are not engaging a fight against anything that does not cast.
I think you dont know how shalrius worked. You explained like it blocked some % of the damage. Actually it absorbed the damage 100% - according to someones testing around 60% of times. Now the 60% is just nerfed.

I dont get it, shalrius was the same before shard went down, noone used it. Now everyone pillow crying about it. Some comments are funny and make me giggle that how you cant hunt without auropian and old shalrius :D. Its a lol topic.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Simmo wrote:
Ivan wrote: The way I see it is that Shalrius blocks (currently) 30% of the incoming spells, meaning 30% of the dmg from spells. However Auropian reduces DMG of all ementals by 50%. So in a raw comparison Auropian was always better in any situation, while shalrius was better in the situation where you are not engaging a fight against anything that does not cast.
I think you dont know how shalrius worked. You explained like it blocked some % of the damage. Actually it absorbed the damage 100% - according to someones testing around 60% of times. Now the 60% is just nerfed.

I dont get it, shalrius was the same before shard went down, noone used it. Now everyone pillow crying about it. Some comments are funny and make me giggle that how you cant hunt without auropian and old shalrius :D. Its a lol topic.
If someone casts 100 kalva's on you, and you block 30% of them completely that means you dont take dmg at all from 30 kalva's. So you take about 30% less dmg. I wonder how hard normal math is for people.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Youre making everything so dramatic. Have you ever got 100 spells straight from some monster? We talking about 10-15 spells here probably that you get one monster (varies a bit).
If shalrius blocks 27% (some dude tested with 100 spells)
You refered that auropian reduces 50% of all elemental (dont know where you got the number)

It is for you to choose now. Shalrius blocks 27% of spells 100% and auropian just reduces 50% of all elemental damage which doesnt include mindblast (thats the fuzz about it). Comparing to that shalrius is pretty much free, its more than better :D. Doing buccs quests/hunting dungeons with friends, youll get it. Getting a good suit within a day or two doesnt sound cool anyway, it takes a bit time.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Yeh go play with your friends Simmo, perhaps you get bored of them someday.

For matter of fact, I stated even earlier that shalrius is too easy to get. Also the fact that the harder the monster the more spells you take so 10-15 spells seem fairly inaccurate.

Also perhaps you should try testing the elemental system a bit before even responding to these topics?
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

You go cry a river :>. Life with the fact that they aint boosting it :D.
<- had to say it.
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Guess I was hasty with the topic here, if it still blocks 30%. Thats a good number. I mightve been just very unlucky with a couple of mobs. If it dropped from the ridicilous 60ish spellblock to 30%, i apologize. However, if its around 20, i think it should be a bit higher.