Your thoughts as a heightened character

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Cyrus Tegyr

Your thoughts as a heightened character

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Just curious,

Is there to a want by players who have heightened character(s) to record and remember the date and time of your last heighten skill gain?

I'm toying around with adding that functionality to my macro check macro to make it a more encompassing macro since most of us are running a macro check script while macroing anyways. It'll require a decent rewrite with menu for setting up the skills to watch to a maximum of three obviously which will also allow me to just get off my lazy ass and just push the sound variables into a menu based setup

I'm going to check this thread a couple times a day so just leave your thoughts. Things have slowed down for me in terms of macro creation but I do still think ideas to improve players life and this seemed like a good idea.

Note it'll increase the size of the macro as well but functionality should be the same or better for those that use my alarm macro.

Typed on a phone so forgive terribad grammar and misspellings, nucking auto correct.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Tyrion

Re: Your thoughts as a heightened character

Post by Tyrion »

Reads useful. Managing stats might be a feature to be baked into 2.0 as well. Something along the lines of setting a number that reminded the player when they were approaching a personally identified stat cap. Essentially would act as a buffer for players.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Its not that big of a deal to follow heighten gains, but could be useful for certain powergamers. I'd suggest making a stat calculator/alarm instead that prevents you from going to statcap. That'd be probably much more useful for player base in general. Obviously this needs an option to select the amount of stats you gain from jewels.

EDIT: Oh and since you're eager to script suchs a thing, perhaps a setup file to save the timers for certain character and show them in the menu window could be an upgrade to original idea. As an example the menu would show something like this:

Code: Select all

Felissa: Tactics 18/01/2015 18:00 Archery 18/01/2015 18:52 Anatomy 23/01/2015 14:24
Aliza: Magery 13/01/2015 13:53 Tactics 08/01/2015 09:52 Macefighting 04/01/2015 08:32
Last edited by Ivan on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

this could prove useful. although it never even crossed my mind easyuo could do this :D
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Statcap is an issue that plagued me since Biggs asked me for such a macro, I found it very difficult since I can not tell whether or not your character had been buffed or not. I could find out jewelry strengths fairly easily by scanning a paperdoll every so often and scanning specifically for jewelry and their strength if any but until /if we get buff bar support put in and I need to mention even reading buff bar stuff it tricky I don't even want to delve into that. If you've got ideas barring journal scanning as that's too slow to keep up in terms of while a player is in combat on how I might approach this I could take a look into it.

The whole reason this came to mind was I could not remember the last time I gained in inscription so figured I'd see if anyone else wanted something such as this.

That was the idea Ivan though not saving to a cfg file but utilizing persistent variables which I've utilized in other macros I've written (alchemy macro and merchant macro which I still need to do some work on speaking of)
Last edited by Cyrus Tegyr on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Just make an option to input the strength of the buff, or disable the whole stat alarm. This way the player has the option to use it, in case they're not using stat buffs that vary.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Ivan wrote:Just make an option to input the strength of the buff, or disable the whole stat alarm. This way the player has the option to use it, in case they're not using stat buffs that vary.
Ill consider this I'd need to/want to add a buffer so the player can set it to warn them if they get within x of their statcap.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

There is also a possibility of creating the stat calculator so that it detects when the stats are over their limits (you're buffed) and alarms you once the buff drops, if the statcap is full. This way you'd get notified once in a while atleast, even though its not a perfect solution yet. Or you could base the buff calculator off the starting values or set values in the menus so that it'd calculate the strength of the buff.

Just few possible work arounds, also why I was recommending the setup file was, because in case of a problem with the script or sudden change in the character people could manually try to edit the file, so that the macro can function. You cannot ofcourse take into account all the possible mishaps IG or IRL that can cause the macro to break/stop functioning without using full reset to repair thus the setup file.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

My thoughts on using persistent variables instead of a cfg file is that I've done a little cfg file tests and the major problem is that it saves the file in the last folder address of the file accessed (as I recall).

I've taken into account in terms of thoughts on how to addresses issues such as characters switching out their skills by allowing players to access the main settings menu by hitting the esc key for instance where they could then change any if the settings should the need arise. As for skill drops if the player misses a macro check, my plan is to only record skill gains in the three chosen skills if the skill is at or above 100.0.

Since the bulk of players here on Pangaea are from Gitmo Nation East and in terms of my personal preference anyways the time will save and display in 24 hour mode and the date will save and display in the European format.

I'll poke around with a stat sub for tracking stat caps and the ilk. I'll have to think of a good wat to scan for jewelry since I have to utilize name scanning.
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:if we get buff bar support put in and I need to mention even reading buff bar stuff it tricky I don't even want to delve into that. If you've got ideas barring journal scanning as that's too slow to keep up in terms of while a player is in combat on how I might approach this I could take a look into it.
Detecting buffs/debuffs shouldn't be a problem, either by jewels or by buffs. If you ask the character to remove jewels and wait for buffs to fade before they use the script then it is easy to track stats change for more than 0.1 if you keep an eye on the MaxHP or Health vars in easyuo. Just giving my 2 cents as a coder.