Your thoughts as a heightened character

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Cyrus Tegyr

Re: Your thoughts as a heightened character

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

blckfire wrote:
Cyrus Tegyr wrote:if we get buff bar support put in and I need to mention even reading buff bar stuff it tricky I don't even want to delve into that. If you've got ideas barring journal scanning as that's too slow to keep up in terms of while a player is in combat on how I might approach this I could take a look into it.
Detecting buffs/debuffs shouldn't be a problem, either by jewels or by buffs. If you ask the character to remove jewels and wait for buffs to fade before they use the script then it is easy to track stats change for more than 0.1 if you keep an eye on the MaxHP or Health vars in easyuo. Just giving my 2 cents as a coder.
This is true!

I hadn't even thought of this. I'll Dink around with something, I'll probably have it initially remove all jewelry then record stats then are-equip them.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

I'd really like to see an automated script on "When you can gain next" per character if it involved the whole account.
After this, the profession GM's would stop getting paid visit by heightens i guess.

And there's also been some replacements on GM's at some point "just because" - gg on that, whichever mong did that ;D
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

I'd like to say "thank you guys" for opening this discussion.

Already gave me an idea or 2 for money sinks and also that we could ease your lives when it comes to knowing when a character can gain on certain skill.

Not saying this is going to happen soon but it is noted ;)
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Zaradon wrote:I'd really like to see an automated script on "When you can gain next" per character if it involved the whole account.
After this, the profession GM's would stop getting paid visit by heightens i guess.

And there's also been some replacements on GM's at some point "just because" - gg on that, whichever mong did that ;D
My intention is to have it save info on a per character basis BUT if you and others would prefer to have the ability to see when let's say your Monk can gain resisting spells again while on your smith I can probably toy with that. Right now I've only got a way to record the time(down to the second) and date of your last gain but I might be able to do a countdown thing if math is not a person's strong point, it certainly is not mine, I run into serious issues when I have to deal with numbers within a macro.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Well, let's take an example of your crafting macro gump, the one you introduced per profession, it could have the "heightened characters" recorded in the columns and each column could have 3 additional columns of the skills of the character, given that, it would have a realtime countdown timer on the skills which have been gained over 100+ or any other cap.

But that's ofcourse, when there's more than 1 character in the account.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I get what you mean, I'll consider this, famous words but it should not be terribly difficult to do a multi-character list which will look something like this in terms of the menu:

Character1
Skill1 | Date of Last Gain | Time of Last Gain | Next Gain countdown*
Skill2 | Date of Last Gain | Time of Last Gain | Next Gain countdown*
Skill3 | Date of Last Gain | Time of Last Gain | Next Gain countdown*

Then the following characters below it. I'll work on this, I've already written most of the skill tracking functionality but it is untested until I can get to a computer, I'm working on this on my lunch breaks so it will not be an overnight express job. Once I do this I'll design this specific menu. Then I can plug in the menu manipulation stuff which will plug in the information gathered from player input and skill gains.

* - If I can figure out how to go about this.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

"Skill1
| Date of Last Gain - Is not very necessary, you'll already know when you've gained, dont see the point to record this information.
| Time of Last Gain - It's basically the same thing as the above, no need for this, altough, the date is even more useful than this.
| Next Gain countdown - That's basically what's the most important.

I personally wouldn't care when i have gained the last skills, i'm more into progressing (i.e - knowing when i can gain next!) :P

I think this is just a minor issue, considering the fact of how would you actually make it work as a reminder for the players. I mean, does it start reminding you with a text message or a beep, having a new window opening which tells you "Char X can gain X skill in X time" <- Let's say, 24 hour to knock.

For example;

"Hey, you can gain soon!"

Charname / Skill / 12-24 hours left
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Zaradon wrote:"Skill1
| Date of Last Gain - Is not very necessary, you'll already know when you've gained, dont see the point to record this information.
| Time of Last Gain - It's basically the same thing as the above, no need for this, altough, the date is even more useful than this.
| Next Gain countdown - That's basically what's the most important.

Producing the countdown means you've to record the information above, so showing it does not require a lot of work. So instead of waiting the day when someone wants these additions, having them from start is easier on long run.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Well that information is pertinent, I'm not sure why you're saying they're not important because I suspect and I could be wrong, but when you can't gain for 4 days in a skill it is scripted to not allow you to gain for 96 hours or 345600 seconds. If I'm correct the timer does not reset every 4 days at say 2am from the last skill gain regardless of the exact time of your last skill gain. What this means is you'd need to know the exact time and date of your last gain since again if I'm correct the system is not scripted to just take into the hour or minute but the exact second.

Now as for a countdown thing I'll see what I can do I'm utilizing the #date and #time variables in easyuo so ill need to figure out how to specifically add and take into account month and year changes. When adding 4 days to the next gain and counting backwards. Personally I only need to know the last time and date I gained, I don't always remember when I gained last and can do the simple math in my head and as Ivan said these two variables I NEED to know to even attempt to have a countdown function.
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:Now as for a countdown thing I'll see what I can do I'm utilizing the #date and #time variables in easyuo so ill need to figure out how to specifically add and take into account month and year changes. When adding 4 days to the next gain and counting backwards. Personally I only need to know the last time and date I gained, I don't always remember when I gained last and can do the simple math in my head and as Ivan said these two variables I NEED to know to even attempt to have a countdown function.
I think you only need to take into account the moment the skill is gained, after that you can do a countdown from 4 days till 0 without needing to add the complexity of dealing with on which day of which year the character can gain again. You can do this easily by checking how long as passed from the timestamp you got for the skill gain until now and subtract that to the 4days count.

As for on how to deal with closing or crash of EasyUO you can easily just record on a file the timestamp of the gain and each time the person starts the script it'll read that timestamp and calculate the timer accordingly, using the method I described above.

As for the structure of such a file I would suggest the following:

Code: Select all

Character Name1
SkillName1 LastGainTimeStamp
SkillName2 LastGainTimeStamp
SkillName3 LastGainTimeStamp

Character Name2
Etc...
I'm kind of unaware on the read/write file capabilities of EasyUO but I think it's not such a complex system since that are several scripts that read and write to files.