why was Despise Chest removed?

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Bestia Domare

why was Despise Chest removed?

Post by Bestia Domare »

Was helping some new players in despise and was saddened to see that the lizard king isnt guarding anything.

Was there a reason the chest was removed? Could we add it back in? It worked well as a nice little incentive and makes the dungeon have a purpose other than simply smacking lizards
Please send inquiries to the Pigeon-Post coordinates of 670 442 981
Talerco Pious

Re: why was Despise Chest removed?

Post by Talerco Pious »

Bestia Domare wrote:Was helping some new players in despise and was saddened to see that the lizard king isnt guarding anything.

Was there a reason the chest was removed? Could we add it back in? It worked well as a nice little incentive and makes the dungeon have a purpose other than simply smacking lizards
It was farmed by older players
I whine, therefore I am
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

well that spoils the fun for new players, is there is not some simple alternative?
Could a skill check be put on the chest? If your total skills > 800 the chest will not open, or key cannot be seen?
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Bestia Domare wrote:well that spoils the fun for new players, is there is not some simple alternative?
Could a skill check be put on the chest? If your total skills > 800 the chest will not open, or key cannot be seen?
They could have it totally reliant on being in base class or an aggregate of the sum of a player's skills. That being said, I think what ought to be done in there is instead of a chest that spawns with loot, there is a boss type mob near the end where the chest used to spawn that when killed gives a deed to each player within the party (if there is one) and that deed is only usable by the player it is assigned and only IF that player matches the criteria whether it be base class only or an aggregation of total skills. Of course this could also be scripted to only give it to players within the party that meet the requirements

My thinking for this is that, it would sharply cut down on any abuse and at the same time still offer an award(s) that is pretty close to unabusable because these deeds would be created within the players backpack, be newbied and only usable by them. They could be scripted to have different tiers so that in future the staff could throw this in tougher dungeons should they wish and offer an equivalent of the old chest did divided by the players who received the deed. so in simple terms, if the chest only spawned 30000 gold and there were 3 people in a 4 party group that was awarded the deed by killing the boss type creature, it would take 30,000 gold and divide it by 3 thus each player who used the deed would only get 10,000 gold.

Note: The numbers I used were for ease of math, I think you get my point. But the deed might also be scripted to throw out a magic item and some gems or something.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Ert
Counselor

Post by Ert »

I dont see baseclasses murdering the shamans and junk down there very good <-<
summons too stronk
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

Ert wrote:I dont see baseclasses murdering the shamans and junk down there very good <-<
summons too stronk
agreed there was like 4 warlocks with the lizard king. seems excessive
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Despise might need a rethink for design or lizardman warlocks and shaman ought to have their spell tables reviewed and summons removed and other things added in their place.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman