Weekly Updates

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Tyrion

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by Tyrion »

Volunteers could help move development along. There are lots of other admin that could be tapped.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

blckfire wrote:
Harlequin wrote:In Blckfire's defense, scripting isn't anywhere near as simple as popping on for 20 minutes, as I'd say it typically takes at least 30+ minutes to get your mind into a state where you can actually do some productive coding (remembering all the various connections, objects, quirks, etc.)...
Thanks for this, totally true and that's why things are moving slowly. Because to I need to have at least 1h completely free and undisturbed to be able to get something done. Which at this point in time, is complicated.

But I'm working things out, so I can free some time to be able to be more active.
the man posted, all i needed ;)
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

blckfire wrote:
Harlequin wrote:In Blckfire's defense, scripting isn't anywhere near as simple as popping on for 20 minutes, as I'd say it typically takes at least 30+ minutes to get your mind into a state where you can actually do some productive coding (remembering all the various connections, objects, quirks, etc.)...
Thanks for this, totally true and that's why things are moving slowly. Because to I need to have at least 1h completely free and undisturbed to be able to get something done. Which at this point in time, is complicated.

But I'm working things out, so I can free some time to be able to be more active.
Should get check out for spergers man.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Gurrnutt Venomblade

Post by Gurrnutt Venomblade »

Tyrion wrote:Volunteers could help move development along. There are lots of other admin that could be tapped.
+1
*Signed In Venom*
Gurrnutt Venomblade
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

everyone knew why both pang 2 projects died, yet they decided to remodel pang 1 which lead to same outcome as pang 2 projects, unfinished and dead

imagine situation you go to the tire change, to change your winter tires, they take them off and then say, well fuck it, we got no time to deal with this
thats what happened here, took out one of the major features out and then said fuck it, got no time to replace them
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

James Blackburn wrote:took out one of the major features out and then said fuck it, got no time to replace them
I don't think they've given up, if they had they'd have shut the shard down. This is not like the official shards where I believe they have given up probably due to internal issues from EA but they still make a profitable sum of money they keep those servers open.

I'm certainly no special pleader for any staff past or present but I will say when a major package is removed especially one that is far reaching and is interconnected with other packages as the religion system is, it's not going to be a 123 rewrite and we're done. There was clearly a gross underestimation in the work required to rewrite this thing. Plus to add to that there were bugs that appeared that had been fixed years ago which leads me to believe the shard handed off was not the final product that went dark three years ago.

It's easy to butch and moan about why this should or should not have changed but in the end the biggest mistake made was launching Pangaea without a clear and attainable goal in getting the religions done in a feasible time. Taking that into account, the staff have owned up to this. Now as players we just can sit back and wait or not or try to learn escript and mishaps you'll get good enough perhaps one of us players can help out scripting wise, I've taken this conscious step though I can not and will not guarantee when I'll feel comfortable in asking for a scripter position, I'm working in baby steps.

Plus I'm using POL 099 as my relearning core so some things are different.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

I am sure Bella chatted with Blckfire not that long ago, in game. :D
I am positive with the staff. Just since it is getting warmer and brighter the actual horses catch my attention mostly now a days.
Bella Pious, The Vet
Gurrnutt Venomblade

Post by Gurrnutt Venomblade »

How are we doing with the September release of religions?
*Signed In Venom*
Gurrnutt Venomblade
Argon
Game Master

Post by Argon »

Depends on which year you are talking about :twisted:
Emirien

Post by Emirien »

Argon wrote:Depends on which year you are talking about :twisted:
Oh thats evil... pure evil...