Weekly Updates

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Ondoher

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by Ondoher »

Can someone refresh my memory and tell me why did we even start "repairing" the adv. guild first ?
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Ondoher wrote:Can someone refresh my memory and tell me why did we even start "repairing" the adv. guild first ?
If I remember correctly, adventure guild and religions have same platform. It was explained that if you fix adv guild it means religions are 75% done already I think.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

The adventurers guild and old religion system had nothing to do with each other, the adventurers guild was scripted by a Dev from world of dreams which repsak then took that shard in its entirety and used it as the main foundation for Pangaea. The religion system came into existence on another shard, Journeys End which had nothing to do with world of dreams I do not believe there's even a single script in the JE shard files from world of dreams, but then repsak got his hands on the religion system and dropped it in. They share nothing in common.

Why was the adv guild fixed is because blckfire to the best of my knowledge wants to use something from it for the religion system he is scripting. As to what this is I don't know because the adv guild is to put it bluntly is the worst piece of crap in my opinion and should have been pulled out long ago instead of being "fixed" everytime we have a scripter change.

The only thing i can figure is wanting to borrow the belonging to a guild but is not an actual guild in the sense we know of guilds for the religion system so that you can belong to a religion but still be able to join a guild. This should be easily able to do without needing to borrow anything, there may be something else he wants to borrow but what I dont know as I said I personally think very poorly of that system from a gameplay perspective and at this point a development perspective because it is the one thing that seems to be needing a fix every regime change.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

More important than a weekly update, we need snowflakes on the forum!
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

blckfire wrote: The tl:dr version: in adv guild we can easily test things that will be re-used for the religion system. Example: Data manipulation for config and data files. If you want to know what that is, read me.
In one of my posts in this topic I explained why Adv Guild was a big a step forward into religions.

Remember that Adv Guild was re-work so, the insides are not what they used to be.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Hei,

Why dont you guys just launch 2 religions? You got the tools for it, we had 4 even. Past week ive seen 19 online, religions even if half broken will raise it more. Launch 2 religions and then keep working on "pang2". People want to play.
Emirien

Post by Emirien »

So Blckfire, how long'ish untill we will see religions? This month? This year? This decade?

I appriciate all you are doing for the Pang community, but things are slow and people are getting fed up with waiting. Get another scripter in or get someone else to host the server so you can focus on scripting.

Just saying, would make your life easier and maybe give us something tangible in the next weeks.
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

Just wait. Things will happen when it happens, not that anything is obligated to happen. :)
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

I can give you a small update, I'm now organizing the code and put it where it should be so I can then start to review/re-write.

I can also tell you that there's not a lot more work I need to do to put the first phase of religions out just don't expect it to be out next week. I need to develop and then we need to test it out so that you guys have a smooth experience when the neutral religion arrives.

After the first phase is out I'll keep developing functionality until we achieve what we intended for the neutral religion.

We should be at the point where we can launch phase 2 of religions. At this point we'll follow the same cycle until we achieve a full phase 3 of religions.

When phase 3 is done I'll then focus on the cities and on the siege system.

While everything is happening on the religion side, I'm hoping I can count with the help of another scripter to re-work some other aspects of the game and be more focused on small projects.
tennmiller

Post by tennmiller »

blckfire wrote:I can give you a small update, I'm now organizing the code and put it where it should be so I can then start to review/re-write.

I can also tell you that there's not a lot more work I need to do to put the first phase of religions out just don't expect it to be out next week. I need to develop and then we need to test it out so that you guys have a smooth experience when the neutral religion arrives.

After the first phase is out I'll keep developing functionality until we achieve what we intended for the neutral religion.

We should be at the point where we can launch phase 2 of religions. At this point we'll follow the same cycle until we achieve a full phase 3 of religions.

When phase 3 is done I'll then focus on the cities and on the siege system.

While everything is happening on the religion side, I'm hoping I can count with the help of another scripter to re-work some other aspects of the game and be more focused on small projects.
So i think what emirien and probably the rest of us are really asking is W H E N.
you said not next week, so W H E N ish.
what are the time frames for the phases?
is pang even real.
--

Jarid Devine,
345-179-875