Moderator: Game Masters

blckfire
Scripter

Re: Weekly Updates

Post by blckfire »

blckfire wrote:Current status

Adv Guild: 80-90% completion.

Religions Phase 1: 50-75% completion.

I can't give a really good estimate for the phase 1 of religions because it still depends on how much content we're going to release in this phase. We want to guarantee that all the classes will be playable but religions as we used to know them are still some phases away.

Once we have the base set up and all the basic functionality is there, development should go faster. But, we need a strong base and that takes time to build. Also, once everything is done in Adv Guild I'm sure data manipulation will not be a problem so the completion of Religions Phase 1 should also go faster.

As a side note, development in POL is really slow because we don't have a debugger, so we have to do nasty things, like, create our own debugging system, which basically takes up more than the half of the lines of code needed in a normal program because for every line of functional code we need to add a test to know if some problem occurred since, the only thing we get from POL is a line saying that something went wrong in some script and sometimes there is simply no feedback at all. You can opt by not adding any debugging system which in turn will make your life a living hell because you will take double the time to find the place where the bug occurred. So, it's not really a choice, it is a necessity. On top of this, when handling some scripts the server must be restarted so that the changes are activated, which ofc takes some minutes away from coding.
I was asked to share this post I did yesterday in the counselors corner in response to a question related the status of things. It also explains why development is slow on top of my time restrictions.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

80-90% on the thing that was done a few weeks ago, shit is going backwards now. My fucking sides.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Raemonn

Post by Raemonn »

I, for one, am grateful for the time blckfire is investing in Pang.

I, for second, am less happy to see that some attitudes haven't changed.
Pigeon: 691-280-878
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Raemonn wrote:I, for one, am grateful for the time blckfire is investing in Pang.

Grateful when getting lied to, not something new on this forum, fuck making changes for the better let's just keep riding the train right up untill it crashes into a mountain.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Relax, quintoz, you are free to login and pvp as it is, just without your religious characters
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

Raemonn wrote:I, for one, am grateful for the time blckfire is investing in Pang.

i haven't seen any reasons to change that attitude towards current staff, nothing have changed since last time I posted
and that was quite some months ago, this still looks like pang 2, and we know what happened to both pang 2 projects

Edit: 12th of june was last time, and we are still in same place :D
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

That's relative.. The chars of the people that are playing are not in the same place :P By that logic, if there were religions but nothing new happened in 3 months you could say "everything is still in the same place"..If you'd be playing then, why not playing now? It's not like we really have a choice..There are no religions yet, and we have to accept that fact
blckfire
Scripter

Post by blckfire »

So, I just finished the last touches on the new Adv Guildmaster AI and UI, everything should be ok for him. Further tests will be made to ensure that when we deliver it you will not suffer from any sort of blocking bugs.

We're still thinking if we will release the updated shopkeepers now, or later, since we want to review items sold and prices on these.

The hardest part now is to write a script that will transition old data to the new data format without loosing any information. For me, the best way would be to have you guys join the new Guild and at that moment transition only the tickets and leave every other bit of information behind.

If everything goes according to plan, during the next week or weekend the new Adv Guild will be released, leaving the road open to religions ;)
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

What version of the religions will be added? As in, has there been any tome changes etc.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Johnny Walac wrote:What version of the religions will be added? As in, has there been any tome changes etc.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2