Installation Problem

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Sybille

Installation Problem

Post by Sybille »

Not sure where I should post this, but here goes.

I have installed Ultima Online. I have downloaded the UO_Pangaea_Client_UOAM.exe. I attempt to install and I receive an error from windows. I install as administrator and tell it to run the .exe anyway. My computer makes the attempt but then I receive an error telling me

"NSIS Error - Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy."

I have tried to delete the copy I have of UO_Pangaea_Client_UOAM.exe several times so I can redownload a fresh copy but I get the same error. What is wrong?
Sybille

Re: Installation Problem

Post by Sybille »

I have discovered that the file available on the alternate link will install on my computer. Maybe something glitchy with the first link?
Argon
Game Master

Post by Argon »

Yes maybe, so you got your problem solved?

Argon
Sybille

Post by Sybille »

I think so!

Will Mondain's Legacy work?
Sybille

Post by Sybille »

Don't know if the problem is Mondain's or not. I can't connect though. I have it installed. I submitted a ticket so hopefully it will be fixed.

Or is the server down at the moment?
Argon
Game Master

Post by Argon »

Open the login.cfg file with text editor and change the ip line with the following:
LoginServer=213.119.24.52, 5003

Shard is up

Argon
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/508 ... 20Copy.rar

My version of the game in packed format, its not an installation but straight up the game copied. Should function normaly, also it is the same version of the game which is shared on pangaea website.
Sybille

Post by Sybille »

Thank you for the help. I still am not able to login though.

Now I am receiving the following message after I put in the information provided to me in email.

"We were unable to authenticate your login. Usually thi means that either a newer client patch is now available, or the account name or password you provided are incorrect. Please check your Caps Lock key and try reentering your account name and password. Please restart your client if you continue to receive this error. If this is a new account your account may not be active yet, please try again shortly. If you continue to experience problems please contact customer support."

I received the email with my account information early on May 27th. I had to put in a ticket because the website would not allow me to make an account.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

have you tried ivan's copy?
either the account is not yet active or the issue is your version

also, you made sure to edit the login.cfg?

i know these are basic stuff, i'm just listing them here just in case
Sybille

Post by Sybille »

Thank you for the continued help.

I changed the login.cfg file to reflect the information Argon provided me.

I then attempted with the .rar that Ivan provided me.

I guess it could be that my account is not active? Is it really possible though since a gm made the account and sent me the information? I was unable to use the website to make an account so I had to put in a ticket.

By all means, any advice no matter how remedial is appreciated.