Server down, 36hours +

For general discussion concerning Pangaea

Moderator: Game Masters

Emirien

Server down, 36hours +

Post by Emirien »

Is there any way to get in contact with blackfire? Seeing as he has not been on (as of this moment) the forums since 16'th of july.

If anyone has him on ICQ, Facebook or something, get a message through?
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit
Maximilian Lhoth

Re: Server down, 36hours +

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Emirien wrote:Is there any way to get in contact with blackfire? Seeing as he has not been on (as of this moment) the forums since 16'th of july.

If anyone has him on ICQ, Facebook or something, get a message through?
I don't want to be mean to blckfire but it feels like he's totally lost his interest to the server :/

A scripter should be a scripter, and someone else should be the host. The scripter should be able to create content and the host should be able to guarantee that the server stays online. The primary responsibility of the host should be to keep the server up.

And a server needs someone who at least pays attention. This is not to say blckfire is a bad guy but unless there's an explanation to this, it looks like no one of the currently active administrative team is paying attention.
Emirien

Post by Emirien »

I know :S its kinda bad that he has to focus on both hosting and scripting.
I'd love to host myself, got a spare deticated machine, got 500mb fiber and the will to keep the server alive.... but i am absolutely useless on the scripting front :P

But i'd love to host the server that has given me so much laughter and fun through the years
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

The shard cannot be hosted by a player, it gives that player unlimited access to shard files including acct information, the ability to plink away at the shard's script base, boost players skills and a whole host of other issues the biggest being that the shard itself could be copied and given away.

I'm sure you were being hypothetical but it won't happen unless the shard is hosted by a staff member or through a dedicated hosting service.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Emirien

Post by Emirien »

Well i know that the shard cant be hosted by a player, i was just saying that i'd offer my services, if need arises, then staff me and hand the server over.... its been over 2 days and still down....
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit